Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 02:50:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Beriohtarion's Past

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beriohtarion's Past  (Read 2838 times)
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 08:02:31 am »

Chapter 20: Turmoil

Never did Picard expect that Hitoshura would come personally to look for them. He could have sent some of his demons for this duty, or perhaps request the aid of the other Golden Ones. Then again, maybe the Golden Ones could sense each other, so it would be an easier task for the demi-fiend to do so himself. Still, his presence would mean that something terrible had happened. Hitoshura’s face was even paler than it already was when he saw Arturia dying in the Azure Knight’s arms. Libereth had already shut the wounds and prevented further loss of blood, but the damage was severe. The demi-fiend gazed at Picard purposefully and spoke as calmly as he could, “We have to take her to Issachar. You can tell me the details later.”

Still speechless from shock, the swordsman merely nodded. He quickly spun around as a hissing sound gathered around him, wary for danger. Indeed, strange creatures had appeared out of thin air, emitting guttural noises that seemed to come from broken windpipes. He heard Valiente unsheathe her sword beside him, and proceeded to do the same. Libereth hurried over to the fallen knight, carrying her into the center of a circle formed by the three warriors. With the leader of the Golden Ones around, the monsters did not stand a chance, but Hitoshura had his priorities. “I’ll take Libereth and Arturia out of here first. Give me ten minutes.”

Picard nodded again, unable to reply, for his lips were mumbling something incoherent, an extremely lengthy incantation. Valiente ran her finger across the sheen of her sword, emerald flames trailing behind upon the smooth surface. The moment the swordswoman stepped out, the Azure Knight shouted the spell, his voice extending across the ruins. The earth began to tremble viciously, nearly causing his violet-haired comrade to lose her balance. The creatures dared not approach, sensing that something was wrong. Suddenly, giant spiked tendrils sprouted from the earth, piercing and stabbing into their adversaries with deadly precision. Valiente aimed for the fewer numbers, landing her blazing sword at the beasts forcefully. “…That should do it.”

The downed creatures sprang to life abruptly, their injuries miraculously gone.

Valiente backed away cautiously. “Or not. What are they?”

“Scelerius, I think,” speculated Picard, facing back to back with his ally. “Ancient… things, supposed to have been sealed eons ago under the foundations of Ultimatum. They were what the first summoner Alice had to go against. They’re said to be unbeatable, and I see that rumor is true.”

She rolled her eyes. “This is no time to be impressed. We’re in serious trouble here.”

“So we are,” answered the elf. “We just need to hold till Hitoshura returns.”

The duo could not continue the conversation as the fiends came closer, hungry for food after being caged for millenniums. They were drooling at the sight of the two pugilists. As they leapt towards the couple, the latter brandished madly against the hordes of hardened flesh, keeping them busy regenerating instead of attacking. The monsters were not incredibly strong, but they were persistent and annoying. Thankfully, the demi-fiend had arrived in time before fatigue set in, pulling them out of the combat without a warning.

It was with a shriek that Valiente arrived at a forested civilization, where houses were built atop towering trees. The elves turned their heads to look at the unexpected din, but they ignored them after a moment’s glance at Hitoshura. The threesome quickly made their way towards Issachar’s house, and Picard and Valiente were greeted with a pleasant surprise to see Cupido as well. The Bowmaster waved at them cheerfully, sipping a small cup of elf-made wine.

“Actually, this isn’t my house. It’s Cupido’s,” laughed Issachar, shaking his head. “I live in Falthwaite.”

“How’s Arturia?” asked Picard straight away, worried for her safety.

“Stable at the moment,” replied the boy, his smile wiped off his face immediately. “You don’t have to worry. She will be fine after a day or two.”

Picard sighed in relief. “That’s excellent news.”

Libereth walked out of a room with a tray of unnamed potions. “It’s amazing. I don’t know what you did to her, Issachar. She’s suddenly alright.”

Issachar gave her a smile. “I have my ways.”

“Now, Picard, I’d like you to tell me everything,” came Hitoshura as he strode towards them. Picard explained to the demi-fiend in details, knowing that there was no point trying to lie to him. Issachar and Cupido remained silent throughout the elucidation, simply casting glances at each other. Valiente sat beside the heroes, sampling the Bowmaster’s wine curiously and passing it away after pulling a disgusted face. At the end of the tale, a pause ensued for a period, and then Hitoshura spoke placidly, “You had a rough day. Go have a rest.”

Despite his protests to see Arturia, he was pushed off to bed by Cupido and Issachar. That night, he had difficulties sleeping, for something nagged at his mind. He did not know Hitoshura well, but he knew when someone was hiding something from him. The demi-fiend wore a face that told him so, even though it was not easy to read his dead-pan expressions. Perhaps Arturia was not as well as he had been told, and it was just to put him at ease. This made him feel even queasier, as though his stomach was caving inwards. He sat upright, staring blankly at his feet. It was no use getting to sleep. Sighing in resignation, he walked out of the guest room for a walk. He registered surprise when he saw a dim glow in the caliginosity.

“Can’t sleep, Picard?” inquired Hitoshura, leaning against the wall. “I should’ve known better to keep things from you. I didn’t want you to know.”

“Know what?” demanded the Azure Knight. “If this has anything to do with Arturia’s condition…”

“I sealed her memories of you, to prevent either of you from getting harmed for each other. The both of you aren’t meant to be together.”

Picard frowned, stepping towards the demi-fiend angrily. He knew he was no match for the demon commander, but his anger got the better of him. “What do you mean by that?”

“Love will hinder both you and her. Arturia is a crucial member of the Golden Ones. I will not allow her to die.”

Contempt surged through his veins like never before. He grabbed Hitoshura by his throat and slammed him to the wall. Surprisingly, the latter did not resist or counterattack. “You understand nothing about love.”

“Believe me, Picard, this future of the two of you isn’t meant to be,” said the Golden One stoically, unfazed by aggression.

“And how the hell do you know that, huh?” yelled the swordsman, pressing him more forcefully against the wall.

“Because I have been there. In the end, it will only lead to death, and more sorrow, like Ellis before her. You’re a jinx, born under the star of death. Those close to you will only be hurt. I seldom believe in superstition, but I swear by this legend, for I am like you. I am a living plague, causing destruction and more destruction to those I hold dear. This is what I have become now, for I had become too attached to love. You are no different, Picard. You have a demon inside you, as well as an angel. Unless you choose to separate yourself from attachment and empty your heart, you will become me, neither demon nor human, not belonging anywhere. Picard, I do not wish for you to take the same path as I did.”

Picard was stunned for a moment, and a deafening silence ensued. Then, he uttered softly, “I don’t believe you. I won’t.”

“It is not my responsibility for you to believe me. All I need is for Arturia to be safe.”

A brilliant streak of light flashed across Hitoshura’s eyes. A sword pointed against his chest. “Give her back her memories.”

“No,” replied the demi-fiend curtly. “You are making a big mistake here, Picard. If you insist on doing so, I will end your life here, make no reservations about that. If you truly love Arturia, I suggest you let her go.”

“After everything Arturia and I had gone through, you just want me to end it like this?”

“Yes.”

A battle cry woke everybody up as Picard struck a blow at the demi-fiend hatefully. He was unable to bottle his feelings anymore, and it came bursting out like a volcano, overflowing out of him and fueling his power. Hitoshura did not dodge; instead, the sword could not penetrate his skin. Sighing, the demi-fiend grabbed the sword and tossed it away, and then proceeded to land a punch in Picard’s stomach, sending them through a window and down the thirty feet tall tree. The Azure Knight flipped in the air and landed on his feet unscathed, till he coughed blood and stained his clothes. The fist was stronger than anything he had been struck with. He felt as though he had been cannoned. The demi-fiend teleported to the ground, glaring at the Azurian elf as he warned, “This is the last straw, Picard. If you wish to continue, I will not hold back.”

Picard raised his sword unhesistantly, but a voice stopped him. As he looked up, he saw Issachar high above, twisted with worry. But it was not his voice. It had been Ellis’s. Silently, he dropped his weapon. “…I apologize.”

========================================

Wee. Heroes is on now. Time to flee.
Report Spam   Logged

Elize
FABULOUS
Resident

My personal text went missing...

Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2008, 08:17:50 pm »

=O

That's wrong! I will now forever hate Hitoshura. Nothing shall change my mind now.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 03:20:50 am »

Yes, it is wrong. People have different ideals, different views. Here we see Hitoshura as 'bad', and Picard the 'good', or perhaps you may have seen this through the demi-fiend's eyes, but that may require some imagination, since I have been writing about Picard. Sometimes... we are just unable to understand each other's views. It's a sad fact that applies heavily in our real life. Thus, conflict occurs, an attempt to spread one's ideal or view to others, sometimes forcibly. This is a reason why war occurs, too, like the North and South Korea conflict.

Hitoshura overlooks the entire Golden One group, and he cares little about their personal lives. His purpose is to prevent the deaths of any of his comrades, for they are all extremely crucial to the team, vital to protect the world. He sees the large picture, and sometimes, the ends justify the means. As a demi-fiend, he lacks emotions and naturally, his methods may be inhuman at times. The only thing keeping him from executing his plans in a totally demonic manner is his half-human lineage, keeping him humane enough.

Picard, on the other hand, had his heart broken once, and needed someone to mend it. Arturia was the healer, so he could not let her go easily. So yet again, his heart was shattered, this time into even more pieces. He does not see things the way Hitoshura did, because he is still, after all, very human-like, unlike the latter who dwells in Hell. He focuses on the means instead of the end.

Also, I recognize a loophole in my post. Clearly I wrote that Hitoshura tossed Picard's sword away, but at my last passage, I wrote him lowering his sword. ...Yeah. Looks like I need to re-read my posts more carefully next time.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 04:29:32 am »

Chapter 21: Collision

The Azure Knight awoke early before dawn, being unable to sleep as he struggled to accept his feelings. Sorrow was an inevitable part of life, and it seemed to be a large one of his. Picard never believed the superstition of being born as a jinx, but as he reflected on himself, his love with Ellis and Arturia, he could only acknowledge it. He had dragged Adelisa down the moment he allowed her to travel with him, a thousand years ago. He caused her death. Hundreds at the coliseum of Frigg suffered Bahamut’s wrath during the fighting tournament because of him. Numerous citizens of Chordia Ochroid died because of him. He brought death and destruction to everyone around him. In the end, he should have stayed alone, distant from everyone else. Away from his friends, away from those he loved. Hitoshura was right. He should empty his heart and mind.

“No,” spoke a voice within him. It was not him, but someone close. Then he remembered. Ellis returned to him the night before. Picard heard her clear as day, and soon he realized she had always been with him, residing in his heart, guiding him along silently. The elf listened to his heart. He must not give up love and hope, or he will forever sink in despair and sorrow. He should believe that there was good in the world worth fighting for still. He should remember Ellis and Arturia. Even if the latter could no long remember, he will live on with their memories together for her sake. After all, Arturia taught him to love again, to live with an open heart. He will remember.

He stood before Arturia, who lay asleep in her bed. Picard bowed down to her, nearing close to her face. He did not kiss her, merely pressing his lips against her forehead. Then, he turned and left.

“Where do you think you’re going, leaving us all behind?” came Issachar’s voice just as he stepped out of the forest village. The prince did not turn around; his mind was set. He will go by himself, to settle the vendetta between Ghaleon and him. However, before he took another step, a new presence entered. Valiente, Cupido and Libereth had followed behind. Sighing, Picard whirled around, eyeing them with annoyance. He did not want anymore hindrances, more people to be involved with him, and then to be hurt due to him. “We’re coming along.”

“I do not want any of you to accompany me,” said Picard curtly. “This is a journey I must undertake alone.”

Issachar sighed. “I know how you feel Picard. Trust me, I really do. This incident had scarred you, and you do not want more traveling companions because you do not wish for them to be hurt. Nevertheless, you must realize there is a difference between us willing to brave through dangers with you and us forcibly dragged along for the ride. We will accompany you, no matter what you say.”

“I won’t, though,” chimed Libereth sadly, “Monsters have been appearing all over the place. I must head for Runevale to protect it, as must the rest of the Golden Ones leave for their stations. The Scelerius are indestructible, unless they are annihilated in a single blow, a feat most could not achieve. I’ll have to part ways with you all, until we next coincide.”

The Azure Knight scowled, and rode off on his horse. “Do whatever you please.”

The company behind exchanged glances at each other, and then with a silent agreement, they set off in pursuit of the swordsman. The Golden One separated from them after a couple of hours’ worth of travel, bidding farewells to her friends before vanishing from sight. Cupido and Issachar did not crack jokes like their quest before, but they simply sang songs. They seemed to understand the elf’s plight better than the latter could expect them to. Valiente was quiet throughout the travel as well, but she cast concerned glances at Picard every time they stopped for a rest. The elf did not speak with them, eating his meals alone and was often found staring into the distance melancholically, as though preparing for his death.

They did not have any destination in mind as they covered mile after mile, and occasionally they would encounter hordes of Scelerius, whereupon they would be forced to flee as fast as their mounts could take them, for a fight would be pointless. The Azurian elf seemed to have an aim, however, for he went to areas where Scelerius population grew noticeably higher and higher. Valiente guessed his intentions easily: He was searching for the spawning spot, where all these fiends appear from. It was a simple way of locating the root of their problems, and simplicity was usually the best. At first Valiente thought he was trying to be suicidal, but she was quick to pick up his thought process.

Their ninth day ended with howling winds and ominous clouds. As though reflecting Picard’s dark mood, a huge clap of thunder reverberated around the plains, and the rain exploded upon the land with a ridiculous intensity. Each raindrop felt like a stone, but the company traveled onwards without complaints. After all, they had come along willingly, despite the elf’s protests. Any word now would indicate to him that they were thinking of giving up, and he would be more than satisfied to abandon them behind. Valiente had tossed a cloak around herself, made with a material that miraculously repelled water away like magnets, but the other two heroes of Lohengrin never seemed to get drenched at all, whether by magic or some other method, it was impossible to know.

Eventually the night petered out into a drab, wet morning. The storm blew itself out some time in the night, but the cloud lowered about them. A misty drizzle filtered straight down from a grey ceiling, beading clothes, hair and skin with water. They had arrived at a lake, which shimmered beautifully as sunlight peeked in from above, but none of them wasted any time admiring the sight, for they had to keep up with the Azure Knight, who seemed to be inexorable, intent on finding the root of the creatures. He was focused, too concentrated at the target that it worried Valiente. It was his last purpose, and he had nothing else left for him. Did returning home to the Azure Kingdom even cross his mind? He did not appear to have the slightest desire to head back to his abode.

Finally, Valiente could stand no more. “Picard, please, we need a rest. I need a rest. I can’t catch up.”

“I agree with her. Rushing will do us no good,” added Issachar, riding over to him. “Let’s take a break.”

Picard nodded, albeit with much hesitation. They found a cave in the rock wall nearby and decided to inhabit it for their lunch, which was finished rather quickly, for the elf had no intention of allowing himself leisure time. Once that was done with, they were on the road again, their pace faster than before. The fellowship of four found themselves at the bottom of an enormous mountain, and to their surprise, a tiny settlement resided there. Picard raised a hand to halt them, but they had too, sensed something wrong. Their weapons drawn, they entered the village which was named Ophe by a signpost beside the entrance. There were no Scelerius, but the atmosphere reeked of evil. The Azure Knight knelt low to investigate a blood stain. For the first time in a long while, he spoke, “It’s not fresh, but it’s not old, either. Something happened here recently. I see no signs of people.”

“Ghaleon,” concluded Issachar. “I believe we have seen enough of him before to know. Magic does leave traces, after all.”

Picard nodded. Valiente heightened her guard. Then, there was a rustle in one of the houses. The swordsman stopped them from proceeding, but approached slowly himself towards the side of the door, his sword held close to his chest. Valiente quickly darted to the other side of the door. They exchanged knowing glances, and then nodded to each other. As soon as they felt the presence nearing them, the duo spun in and struck, and the resounding clash of metal against metal rang in their eardrums. There was a burst of black fire, and they were forced back. “Valiente!”

“Right!” Without anymore prompts, they shot in again, Picard gathering blue fire to his free hand and releasing it in a single launch. It was enormously powerful, much different from his trainings. Was it sorrow? Perhaps that may be the answer to achieving strength to protect his loved ones… from both the enemy and himself. Valiente dodged the flames as planned, darting in and out of the fire which the elf controlled and aiming for a stab. A glint of silver armor caught her eye. She could not pierce through. Immediately she began looking for another weakness, and found knees less guarded. The Symphonian princess ducked downwards and swept the floor, but her blade was met with a glimmer of gold, a thin, sharp rapier. She felt a powerful force throw her backwards, and she back flipped in mid air, landing beside Picard unscathed. The Azure Knight was not done yet; with a shout of a mighty incantation, he demolished the entire house with a column of light, reducing it to rubble.

However, his enemies were just as skillful. Before it collapsed upon them, they had rushed out, clashing against Picard and Valiente. Issachar’s arrow ran past the adversaries, fending them back while giving the sword wielders a chance to attack. With a yell, the Azurian elf flourished his sword at his enemy, and was met with an equally powerful strike that dented the hardened earth underfoot. Picard gave a look of confusion, as though identifying his opponents. Then, his eyes widened with astonishment. “Balmung?”

The white-haired foe paused for a moment. “…Picard?”

“Brother Picard!” shouted another voice, and the blue-haired swordsman was knocked backwards as a girl ran into him, hugging him tightly. “I finally found you!”

“Lirael, and… Ramirez…! Lenneth, Rozeblood, Riesz, all of you… came to find me?” asked Picard, shocked. “…I’m sorry for troubling all of you.”

“You can say that again,” said Ramirez, sheathing his rapier. “But this really is some coincidence. It’s like there’s a higher power directing us.”

“Don’t be silly,” growled Valiente with annoyance. “Both of us simply searched for the source of this problem, thus we arrived here.”

“Issachar, Cupido! I thought the two of you are repairing the forest home…?” asked Rozeblood, eyeing them with suspicion.

The fiery haired boy laughed. “We’re good at fixing things.”

Lenneth walked towards Picard, staring at his face. There was worry in her eyes. “You… look sad.”

Everyone suddenly turned towards the Azurian elf, who avoided the Valkyrie’s gaze. The latter continued, “What… happened to you?”

Picard shook his head. “What’s done is done. It is irrelevant. Our goal is to find Ghaleon and solve this mess. He must be the one causing this.”

“No, I can feel another… power here. It seems to be the one responsible,” replied Elwyn quietly, for she did not feel like she belonged to this group. Xecty, too, remained silent. The two groups did not spend time introducing themselves, for most of them knew each other, and the situation was growing graver by the day.

“I know this presence. It’s Sabriel,” explained Issachar casually. “The Seraph. I know her. I have... associates.”

Rozeblood scratched her head. “Okay, this is confusing.”

“Whatever it is, we know Ghaleon’s involved,” enforced Balmung. “And we also happen to have an ancient wizard called Albert Elliot on our tail.”

“Oh, him,” muttered Picard nonchalantly. “We finished him off for you at the Kingdom of Symphonia.”

“Ah, thanks,” replied the Featherfolk with the same tone. “So, our aim is Ghaleon and Sabriel then.”

“And so it is,” came a new voice. The band of warriors turned to the newcomer. Ghaleon. Except he looked spectral, like a ghost. “Welcome to Ophe, the humble little village below the mighty Mt. Eisen, the highest of the high. Do not attempt to attack me, for I am merely an illusion. I see that my ex-juniors are here… as well as a few unnecessary baggage. Picard, Balmung, this is my challenge to you. Come and face me at the peak of Mt. Eisen, where I currently await. Do not bring others along.”

“Where is Sabriel?” demanded Issachar, his voice grim.

“Ah, her. I see you are already impatient. Don’t be hasty. I was about to tell you that while waiting for the duel between I and my ex-juniors, I happen to have an entertainment to keep you from boredom.”

There was a crackle in the air, a pulse of power. The Seraph.

Picard stepped forward. “Just what are you playing at, Ghaleon?”

“I have realized that controlling one kingdom at a time is too time-consuming. Why not cause destruction on such a scale that the remainders of the world’s population would be left dying, with little of resuming mankind? They will require a leader, one with purpose, one with hope still to return to the world’s former glory. I will be their leader. At first, they will be united with fear, and then I shall banish the Scelerius, to allow them to amalgamate under one banner, MY banner. Then, they will be just united. Together. Whole. I shall become the leader of the new world.”

The Azure Knight made a face of disgust and contempt. “You sicken me.”

“You are my last ties to this stinking world. Once I sever you and Balmung, my mind will be free to focus on my plans. Come to me, so that I can kill you.”

Balmung swung his blade across the illusion, destroying it. He turned back to his allies. “This is Picard and my fight. No one is to interfere.”

“I disagree. You will need help,” said Ramirez.

“True, we need help, but Balmung will be all the support I need. We know each other. Do not worry about us,” assured Picard.

“Please be careful,” warned Lenneth, clutching the elf’s hand. The Azurian prince seemed to be shocked by her closeness, and quickly pulled away from her, as though he was fearful of her. He simply responded with a nod. After Riesz gave Balmung a farewell kiss, the duo departed, their eyes looking only at the road ahead. There was no turning back now.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 03:18:01 am »

Chapter 22: Showdown At Mt. Eisen

Hiking up the mountain was not a difficult task when one could fly, but nonetheless it was a tiring journey. Picard in his full glory of the Grandmaster form sped alongside Balmung, sailing past numerous rock formations, randomly scattered trees and then, snow when they reached higher heights. Their breaths became visible to the naked eye as the temperature plummeted when they ascended, but neither seemed to give any notice. Both of them were focused at their destination and at the inevitable duel ahead.

After three hours worth of flying they decided to take a rest to replenish their strength, for no doubt Ghaleon would begin the battle straightaway the moment they reached. As they looked down at the village, which was now no more than a tiny square on the vast prairie, it was to their shock that a small spark ignited. A battle had begun. Someone must have caused that explosion. The sworn brothers exchanged grim, understanding glances. The Seraph was somehow under Ghaleon’s manipulation, and no doubt her power would be a threat to them. Balmung reassured Picard that they could handle it, but even then the Featherfolk’s words were not convincing. No sooner after half an hour they continued upwards.

Down below, Issachar fired several shots at the brilliant sparkle of light that was the Seraph. She had been encapsulated in her own power, being unable to control it well. His arrows disintegrated immediately as it touched the aura. Elwyn’s projectiles were met with the same fate. Xecty tried with her ebony flames, but against a divinity, an unholy magic such as hers could do next to nothing. Valiente only attempted at dodging any attacks aimed at her, for she was quite sure that her blade would melt if she ever tried to strike. Cupido sat by the side, running his hands across the harp frantically in a battle rhapsody, injecting vigor into his allies. Ramirez dared not even near her, for he was a vampire, an undead creature who will simply vaporize if he had been dealt a blow by her. Rozeblood darted about hurling objects at the Sabriel, seeing if anything managed to penetrate her barrier. Lenneth, on the other hand, being a Valkyrie, was unafraid of the celestial barrier around Sabriel, charging in directly.

“GET AWAY FROM ME!” screamed the berserk Sabriel hysterically, apparently not even recognizing one of the Valkyries as she blasted Lenneth away with a blinding light. The Seraph clutched her head in pain, unable to think clearly, unable to see properly as well. She had to exhaust her power, which seemed almost limitless. None of their assaults had done any damage to her, for everything simply dissipated the moment it came in contact with her. “GET OUT!”

A hissing sound surrounded them all, and it did not take them long to realize what had just taken place. She had summoned the Scelerius to ambush them. The situation was getting bad to worse. Valiente gritted her teeth as she flung one of the creatures at Sabriel, only to watch the unfortunate fiend disappear into gas. Even the monster could not regenerate fast enough to survive against her aura. “Well, at least this gives us a way of destroying these things.”

Rozeblood noticed what the Symphonian princess had done, and quickly learned to mimic her. The Crimson elf launched several of the beasts into the air and booted them towards the insane Seraph, resulting in several satisfying sizzles. Ramirez volunteered to distract some of the monsters out of Ophe, for he could not stand being close to Sabriel. The company fought fiercely at the bottom of the mountain, and high above, the duo had found themselves face to face against their nemesis. One thousand years after the murder of Orlandu, they met again. The necromancer’s lips curved upwards into a smile. “Ah, ex-juniors, it’s been a while.”

“First Master Orlandu, then Adelisa and Ellis, and now Sabriel. How many more are you going to harm?” asked Picard, already entered his combat stance.

Ghaleon looked at him smugly. “As many as it takes to get to my goal.”

“There is no better word to describe you than a murderer,” said Balmung, positioning his sword in front of him. “I’ll kill you if that’s the last thing I do.”

The murderer rolled his eyes. “Oh please.”

The wind howled as the duo left afterimages in their wake, clashing swords with Ghaleon speedier than before. It was different than their last battle in Chordia Ochroid. They were stronger now, more skillful and knowledgeable. Picard dropped as Balmung executed a spinning slash, and he charged in immediately as his brother’s sword made contact with their enemy’s obsidian fang, releasing a wave of blazing blue fire. However, the flames curved away from the necromancer, indicating a barrier stood between them. The Featherfolk’s next move was of pure instinct, and Picard predicted it easily as well as both of them shattered the barrier with a blast of magic in unison.

Ghaleon did not back away, for that would give them a space to continue their assault. Instead, he pushed onwards, forcing his adversaries back with an explosion of black lightning. Balmung stepped in between and absorbing the magic with his sword as Picard ran forward, grabbing the Featherfolk’s sword as he went in for the kill. The Azure Knight struck the murderer with his sword, and unleashed the latter’s own magic against him with a wave of the second sword. Ghaleon was even faster, however. The electricity struck past the dark magician as though he was a ghost, but both swordsmen knew that it was the afterimage. The necromancer was behind Picard now, disarming one of his swords as he used his own for the fatal stab.

Balmung plunged his blade between them, intercepting the kill and forcing Ghaleon away from Picard. The Featherfolk let loose a bolt of light, blinding Ghaleon for a second to allow his brother to recover. The Azurian prince had orientated himself quickly, spinning around to deliver a strike at Ghaleon. The latter had regained his eyesight faster than expected, parrying the blow and booting his ex-junior away at the same time. Balmung entered the fray swiftly before Picard could be injured, keeping Ghaleon busy while the other recovered. When the Featherfolk was knocked away, the prince came in his stead. This continued for a while, both trying to sap Ghaleon’s endurance till he got hold no more.

It was a sudden move; an explosion separated Picard and Balmung as Ghaleon rushed in, followed by hundreds of light rays shooting out of the smoke and fire. The murderer’s cloak fluttered away from the battle, drifting across the sky as wind dragged it along. The piece of tattered cloth landed on the rooftop of a house in Ophe, shortly before the building was destroyed by a bombardment of brilliance. Issachar leapt from house to house, shooting arrows that slowly accumulated in strength as each strike attempted to penetrate Sabriel’s armor. Rozeblood focused on dealing with the Scelerius, bludgeoning them towards the barrier. Riesz flipped another towards the Crimson elf, who promptly kicked the fiend like a ball towards the Seraph. Again, the beast evaporated as soon as it touched. “This is taking forever.”

Lenneth summoned an enormous spear to her grasp and, with a war cry, flung it towards Sabriel. The weapon came to a halt before it reached its destination, and the Seraph stared at the tip of the metal. Her aura pulsed once, causing the air around to push outwards. The spear flew backwards, nearly knocking the Valkyrie down with it. This failure, however, gave another a chance to strike at it. Valiente sprinted towards the distracted angel and vaulted towards her, slamming a flaming sword upon the barrier. Fire poured out of the spherical armor as she pressed on the attack, sweat trickling down her face as she strained with effort. Her blade sank a little deeper inwards. She tightened her jaws as she realized that she was not strong enough to penetrate her defense.

Then, there was a blast of light, and Sabriel fell. Valiente collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily as she realized that she had escaped from danger. As she looked up, she perceived a glimmer of aureole. Hope filled her heart again as she cried out her savior’s name, “Arturia!”

The Golden One did not reply, for she did not recognize the Symphonian princess. The warrior maiden strode towards Sabriel as she recovered from the ground, her shimmering Excalibur burning with power. Suddenly, she braced as the shield wrapped around the Seraph again, and rays of light shot from her towards Arturia. Joined by the legendary warrior, the rest intensified their assault, now determined and hopeful to emerge victorious. There was an abrupt tremor in the air as a new presence arrived, followed by a spiral of white fire. The barrier dissolved again and Sabriel backed away, her eyes bleeding as her power continued to go astray.

“Aetheral Maelstrom the Sun God,” announced the albino as he strode towards them, in his hands burning a blue sword and a red saber. “Lenneth, stand back.”

The Valkyrie nodded at her master, diverting her attention towards the Scelerius. The Sun God charged in together with Arturia and Valiente, their swords blazing as both smashed her barrier and tried to hurt her. Issachar glanced up at the mountain, grimacing as a miniature ebony tornado swiveled at the pinnacle. The disciples of Orlandu had switched to an aerial battle, all three trying to control their flight direction as they flailed their blade at each other. Balmung and Picard worked together seamlessly, one throwing the other towards the necromancer to attack. Balmung tore through the forces of the wind and drilled his sword into Ghaleon, but to his dismay, he had only struck his clothes and missed the vitals. He pulled away hastily as the murderer tried to stab him. Picard plunged his fist into the moving air and lit his hand on fire. Soon, the entire tornado became one of blue flames, adding more danger to the fight. The Azure Knight soared and smashed Ghaleon brutally, knocking him out of the safety of the eye of the storm and into the fire.

Disconnected from his magic, the tornado ceased instantly, and all three returned to their feet. Picard stepped away from the fight, his lips moving but no sound emitted. Balmung knew that his duty was to protect his comrade now, for he could feel magic gathering behind him. Unfortunately for them, Ghaleon could sense and understand what his ex-junior was trying to do. The necromancer exchanged several blows with Balmung, but not for long as the former felled the latter with a brandish, and proceeded towards his other ex-junior. Picard did not budge. With a smirk, Ghaleon sent his sword through the prince’s heart.

“!” Arturia was distracted for a moment by something, her eyes glancing upwards at Mt. Eisen’s peak. Confusion set in as she felt a tear roll down her cheek, but she could feel nothing. Their formation broken, Aetheral had to keep up with the ongoing barrages of light beams from the Seraph in the Golden One’s place. Valiente gave a grunt of effort as an increasing fatigue weighed her limbs down. She saw her sword leave her hands, and was puzzled why her hands gave way, then her legs. The princess looked down. Her immaculately white robe was stained with scarlet at her chest, and she felt warmth leaving her. Color faded away from her vision as she collapsed to the ground, and the last sight she saw as a brilliance enveloping her. “Obsidian…”

Ghaleon lay weakened and dying on the ground as Picard did. The Azure Knight’s self-made spell had wounded the necromancer terribly, but at a great cost. Fortunately for him, Picard could revert to his wingless form, which was free of injuries. Before either Balmung or Picard could go over to deal the last strike, they were consumed by radiance. The Azurian elf felt an unexpected surge of power through his veins, and he felt incredibly light. He could somehow see through the blinding light and at Ghaleon. As he glanced to his right, he saw Balmung, glowing with the same power. To his dismay, his foe was imbued with something, too. The negativity of whatever he had gained.

The trio did not spent them admiring their new forms, for their minds returned to the duel straight after they found themselves in this strange predicament. The threesome backed away from each other, as though coiling up before a spring. Then, they charged and collided, releasing a force that was beyond their imagination. The mountain seemed to have been pushed downwards by an enormous finger, and snow began crumbling down from it, soon forming into avalanches as they collected more snow and rocks. The landslide somehow curved and moved away from Ophe miraculously, saving the protagonists from harm.

The aftermath came hours later. It was obvious that the three disciples of Orlandu were no longer atop the mountain, for it ceased to exist, squashed to the ground by the titanic force. They had gone missing. The warriors took moments to recover from terrible headaches and nausea, looking around for each other in the ruined village. The Scelerius had vanished completely. Sabriel lay unconscious on the ground, breathing slightly. Valiente rested beside an exhausted Issachar, who was quiet as he mourned for her death. The Symphonian princess seemed as though she was asleep, peaceful and serene, except for a single tear that trailed down her temple. Arturia wheezed, supporting herself with her sword, and Aetheral stared at the Seraph as he wondered what to do with her. Everyone was absolutely drained, their minds numb. It was over.

Epilogue

Picard stirred slowly from his unconsciousness, his eyes moving beneath his eyelids before lifting them with tremendous effort. After lying on the soil for what seemed to be an eternity, he finally decided to get up. He leaned on a nearby tree as he clutched his head, for a headache crept in as he grew more awake. Looking around his milieu, he discovered himself in a forest. The air was humid and warm, causing him to breathe harder. The elf exercised his limbs for a while, checking himself to see if he had been injured. Other than a few torn areas on his clothes, he was otherwise fine. He found his sword on the ground, and picked it up nonchalantly, throwing it into his sheath.

What happened to him? He tried to remember the events that had occurred to him before his cataleptic state, but he could recollect nothing. He could not remember anything at all. His memories were empty. He learned from his blade a piece of himself, for on it his name was engraved. Picard left the area he was in, pushing past the bushes and low-lying vines. He had no idea whether he was heading deeper into the forest or shallower. Then, he heard a rustle. Cautious, Picard reached for the hilt of his sword and silenced his footsteps as he approached the noise. As he stepped out from the midst of the trees, he encountered a couple of what seemed to be warriors, judging by their outfits. He gazed at them for a moment, and then decided that they were not aggressive. Perhaps they could help him. “Excuse me, sir and lady, but do you happen to know the exit of this forest? I happen to be lost.”

The male gave a slight nod. “We do.”

“May I join you?”

The man sized him up, and glanced over to his partner. She smiled and nodded. Picard inclined his head to thank her. “Thank you, er…”

“I’m Tyren,” introduced the man, relaxing his guard.

“I’m Angel Nozomi,” chimed the angelic girl.

Picard bowed courteously, and then he replied, “Lemuria Loki Picard. Pleased to meet you.”

To Be Continued…

===========================================

And thus, the story of the Beriohtarion's Past is concluded, and is linked to NPA, which is linked to several more roleplays, and then connected to Dawn/Dusk. Picard's tale is over at long last.
Report Spam   Logged

Jirae
The Great One's Redemption
Esteemed Members
Resident

DAIEOSKAIL: REVELATION

Combination Topic Starter Level 4 Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44:55 pm »

1. omfg npa <3

2. Wait, did Picard use some uber attack that caused him to sacrifice Valiente? I couldn't figure out why Valiente died, nor could I figure out what was going on with all the big light and the super forms and whatever that caused the mountain to crumble... I don't get it.
Report Spam   Logged

I am Burninating_Torchic of Pokemon Crater. Call me Jirae or BT.

It's here.

Credit to Esepibe for the image.

Old Works:
Pokemon: Elemental Legacies
Pokemon: Elemental Legacies: Olemenun Academy
Daieoskail
Graycard
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 09:27:20 pm »

Remember when I said I would resolve to read all of Behriotarion's Past in 2008?

Well I hope you don't, because I don't want to. I'm already reading two (2) other books. Maybe in 2009.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 02:41:27 am »

I don't intend to make it clear. ;p You'll have to read Dawn/Dusk. There're little references in there towards Beriohtarion's Past. Valiente's fate is ultimately written blatantly at my final post of D/D.
Report Spam   Logged

Elize
FABULOUS
Resident

My personal text went missing...

Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2008, 03:08:39 am »

I started getting confused for a second after reading all the attacks going on. To D/D!

Oh yeah. Well, now I got to wait for another story to come out. =) This story was awesome! Good to hear from you again Balmung. Good luck with whatever you are going to do later.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum