Aisenfield
April 18, 2024, 12:24:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pokémon Master's Quest: A New Journey

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokémon Master's Quest: A New Journey  (Read 506 times)
Neo Pikachu
Master Author, Roleplayer, and Pikachu.
Resident

Trial of Juno 1 & 2 Coming Soon...

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:08:34 pm »

Introduction:
  So basically, I want to do a journey RP. You know, where the trainer goes out and battles Gym Leaders across various regions in order to become the very best? Yep, there really isn’t more of a plot than that. Of course, there’ll be various plot twists along the way and the roleplayers must remember that we are going by the games’ mechanisms. I am classifying this roleplay as literate. That means that if you do not have a good concept of the English language, you will probably not be accepted and should I allow you to roleplay alongside my clarem of other roleplayers but you don’t seem to be up to standard, you will be rejected. And I will laugh.

Things I suppose you need to know before we start the roleplay:
  Assuming this is a journey roleplaying game, which, you know, it is, there are certain things you all need to know about the roleplay before we can get going. For instance, starter Pokemon. I know we all know how the games work, with a trio of annoying badgers that we have to choose between, but I think it would be better if we either did one of the two following options:

You could list your preferred starter Pokemon. It would have to be in its base evolutionary stage, of course, and legendaries are not allowed. Should you be starting with a Dratini or other Pokemon like that beast, you should be able to come up with a story as to why you were given such an amazing Pokemon. Maybe you knew the professor, maybe you did not. I don’t know, use your brains, people.

Or, I (or the other accepted roleplayers) could decide on your starter Pokemon based on what we think fits you. What I mean is, what Pokemon we think fits your personality, the way you post or whatever. Personally, I think this way is slightly more fun, but you can decide on which option you want to take.

The region we start in is another thing that must be noted, I suppose it’ll be a vote between Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. 

Other than those two things, I can’t see any other major obstacle that needs to be figured out. If anyone can think of something, please don’t hesitate to tell me.

Rules:
   Unfortunately for today’s roleplaying society, it is customary to create rules for your roleplay, for rules are the very foundation of civilisation. Normally, I’m a lax person when it comes to rules but there are a few things you must not do:

If I catch you making your character act like a Mary-Sue, it will most likely be your last ever post in the roleplay.

If your character tends to catch a dozen Pokemon in about six posts, the believability of the roleplay deteriorates rapidly, which no one wants, so please, keep your characters believable. I’m sure the literate roleplayers I except into this roleplay will understand what I mean by believability which means there is not a need to elaborate.

Sign-Up Form:
  Annoying, I know, but every roleplay needs a form in which roleplayers can sign-up with. Basically, I want to make this as daunting a task possible I can for you, so please do your best to fill this out.

Name: I suppose all character biographies start somewhere. Your character’s name could range between George or Sir Jake Anthony Wigglesworth Timmons.
  Age: Assuming we don’t live in a surreal land where ten year olds are allowed to go around countries on their own, unsupervised, I’d say that in a decent world where Nintendo/Gamefreak weren’t aiming the franchise for five year olds, thirteen to fifteen year olds would be the ones getting their starter Pokemon, so keep it around that age.
  Personality: So, what does your character act like? Let’s try and get it as close to the roleplayer’s personality as that way, you’ll never be out of character. Unless you go all emo on me. Don’t.
  History: It’s not that important, I’ll admit, but I feel like annoying you all. Tell me your character’s history. Two paragraphs is the minimum because I’m mean.
  Appearance: I refuse to look at photographs or images, provide me with a written description of your character in order to let me and other roleplayers see the imagry you can create.
  Hometown: I assume that they can’t all come from a tiny town such as Pallet, so where does your character hail from?
  Preferred Starter Pokemon: You can choose between stating your character’s preferred starter Pokemon or you can tell us that you want us to pick your character’s Pokemon for you.
  Preferred Starting Region: What region do you want to get your first Pokemon in? It’ll also be the first region our characters will have to travel through.
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]
I, Neo Pikachu, hereby claim: Pikachu, Goku, Sasuke Uchiha, Madara Uchiha, Itachi Uchiha, and Pain.
People will vote for you anyway because you're awesome. In fact, I can think of at least one reason why you should win every single category. Even Best Female.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

pokemonxd4

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:32:23 pm »

alright lets hope i get accepted

Character name: Zack

Personality: usually easy-going and relaxd but when it comes to people he cares about he always rises up to the challenge. He hates losing but he can accept defeat. He is smart and can tell when he will lose but he alway stands tall even when winning looks impossible. Sometimes he likes to relax and just push away reality as if he didn't have a care in the world.

History: He lives with his mom in Hearthome city. When he was young his a pokemon he barely saw had attacked him on his way to see a pokemon contest. His father was taking him and sent out his own torterra to fight this pokemon. Zack was injured so badly he fainted before he saw what attacked him. Afterward he woke up in a hospital and saw his father sitting next to him. His father said the doctors were lucky they saved him and that he had an enorous wound that went from an inch below his right shoulder to his left hip. His father told him that he would go after the pokemon and try to stop it before it injured more people and that if he didn't come back that pokemon would probably attack him again. He also gave him two matching bracelets that contained odd looking emeralds and told him that if he and another pokemon wore them they would have a bond like no other. He had never seen his father since and had been living with his mom wondering when or if that pokemon or his dad would ever come back.

Appearance: He has thick dirty blonde hair that goes to the bottom of his forehead to the bottom of his neck. He is always clan shaven as well. He has green blue eyes burning with the yearn to learn more about pokemon and what attacked him. He has a curved semi-wide nose and lips that become craked a little too much. His skin is pale but not ghost white. He has slight upper body strength but a lot more lower body strength. He has thin musled legs and slightly thicker arms but they are not bony. He wears a dark red shirt with a mark that looks like an odd black circle, simple jeans, the bracelet his father gave him, white and blue running shoes, and sunglasses when he's relaxing.

Hometown: Hearthome

Preffered starting pokemon: I want others to pick my starting pokemon.

Preffered starting region: Sinnoh
Report Spam   Logged
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 04:16:21 pm »

This, too, is a dead topic. Please check the dates of threads before you post in them. Since there currently aren't any Pokemon roleplays that are ongoing, I would advise you look into creating a new RP.

*locked*
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum