Aisenfield
April 20, 2024, 02:51:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I have loved toasters in ways that would kill a lesser man.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Lone Earthbender (Rated PG-13 for later chapters)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lone Earthbender (Rated PG-13 for later chapters)  (Read 3436 times)
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »

I know I haven't updated in a while, but I'm going to continue this soon.
^__^
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2008, 09:30:47 pm »

I know I haven't updated in a long time, and I really have wanted to, but the truth is, the only reason I got to writing this chapter was because me and Thomas were having a little bet going on Gaia as to who could finish their chapter first.....I lost. XP

The Lone Earthbender
Chapter 19

In a nearby village, about a week later, spring had made its presence known. Sakura blossoms blooming on the trees outside, gently falling to the ground as the smell of nature flowed in the breeze.
Iroh, Zuko and Xemone had stopped there for the time being in their search for the Avatar. Iroh in particular had stopped in at a spa to get a massage and relax as Xemone and Zuko waited for him to finish up so they could leave. Xemone, lying on her back with her legs crossed staring at the sky in her new clothes bought to help conceal her identity. Basic forest green long sleeve shirt and pants, still barefoot, with the hood on her shirt over her head and partially covering her face, and Zuko, sitting in the doorway, looking ever more angst ridden than usual.
“Aahhhhhhh” Said Iroh as he got his massage, “This is what I’ve been missing. With all the stress our hectic lifestyle causes, this is pure bliss.”
A single sakura blossom fell on Xemone’s nose as she lay in the sunlight. She then blew it off in an aloof manner and said “Looks like the Prince has a little more stress built up in him then you do, Iroh.”
Zuko huffed at her statement as Iroh got off the massage table and approached Zuko and said “Ahh, I see. It’s the anniversary, isn’t it?”
Xemone lazily sat up and said “Anniversary of what?”
“Three years ago today I was banished….” said Zuko in a somber tone. “I lost it all. I want it back. I want the Avatar. I want my honor…my throne…I want my father not to think I’m worthless.”
“I’m sure he doesn’t!” said Iroh in a cheerful tone. “Why would he banish you if he didn’t care?” Xemone snickered as Zuko shot Iroh a look and got up and walked away.
“I think you worded that poorly, Iroh.” said Xemone.
“Yes, I think you are right, Young Xemone.” replied Iroh in a regretful tone.

A few hours later, at sunset, Iroh, Zuko and Xemone returned to the hut where they had been staying the last couple of days. Iroh plopped down a bag of trinkets on the table, spilling some of them out on the table. Iroh picked up a shell that he had bought out of the bag and said “Look at these beautiful shells! I shall enjoy these keepsakes for years to come!”
“We don’t need anymore useless things! You forget, we have to carry everything ourselves now.” said Zuko.
“Hello, little brother…Uncle.” said a girl sitting in the corner of the room.
“Little brother?” said Xemone in a confused tone.
“Azula…” said Zuko in a grave tone.
“Azula?” said Xemone in the same confused tone.
“What are you doing here?” asked Zuko in a suspicious tone to Azula.
“Here?” said Xemone in the same tone.
Zuko shot Xemone a look and Xemone replied “Sorry, caught up in confusion.”
“I’m Zuko’s dear little sister, Earth Kingdom peasent.” said Azula to Xemone.
Xemone let out a sarcastic huff and thought Who does this she-witch think she is?
“I asked a question, Azula!” barked Zuko.
“In my country, we exchange a pleasant ‘Hello’ before asking questions.” Said Azula as she got up out of the chair. “Have you become so uncivilized Zu-Zu?”
Xemone snorted a small chuckle and said “Zu-Zu?”
“DON’T CALL ME THAT!” yelled Zuko.
“To what do we owe this honor?” asked Iroh.
“Hmmm…must be a family trait. Both of you so quick to get to the point!” said Azula as she crushed one of Iroh’s shells in her claw-like nails. “I come with a message from home. Father’s changed his mind. Family is suddenly very important to him. He’s heard rumors of plans to overthrow him. Treacherous plots. Family are the only ones you can really trust. Father regrets your banishment. He wants you home.”
Zuko stared down at the floor in silence in response to Azula’s message.
“Did you hear me?” asked Azula. “You should be happy. Excited. Grateful! I just gave you great news.”
“I’m sure your brother just needs a moment-- “ said Iroh as he was cut off by Azula with a quick “DON’T INTERRUPT, UNCLE!”
Xemone huffed in the corner and quietly said to herself “Witccccccchhhhhhhh”
“I still haven’t heard my ‘Thank you’” said Azula to Zuko. “I am not a messenger. I didn’t have to come all this way.”
“Father regrets?” asked Zuko. “He….wants me back?”
“I can see you need time to take this in.” said Azula. “I’ll come to call on you tomorrow. Good evening.” Azula then coolly walked out of the hut followed by Xemone saying “God, what sand-scorpion crawled up her butt only to be greeted by the thousands of tiny mini-satans that reside in her bowels and burned it alive?”
“Yes, Azula has always been quite a….Ahem “frightening” child.” replied Iroh.
“If by “frightening” you mean “witchy” and “stuck-up” then, yes, I agree.” Replied Xemone.

Later that night, after Zuko had taken everything in, he started packing his things, preparing to head for home.
“We’re going home!” said Zuko in an unfamiliar happy and somewhat excited tone. “After three long years! It’s unbelieveable!”
“It is unbelieveable.” said Iroh in a suspicious tone. “I have never known my brother to regret anything.”
“Didn’t you hear Azula?” asked Zuko. “Father’s realized how important family is to him. He cares about me!”
“I care about you!’ replied Iroh in a stern voice. “And if Ozai wants you back, well, I think it might not be for the reasons you imagine.”
“I’ve never even met the Fire Lord, and even I think this doesn’t sound right.” said Xemone. “From the stories I’ve heard and from what you and Iroh have said to me, I don’t think the Fire Lord cares about anybody but himself. I know how deceiving people can be and I know that anybody who would do what he’s done without a second thought, don’t even know the meaning of ‘remorse’”
“You don’t know how my father feels about me! You don’t know anything!” yelled Zuko.
“I’m only saying you shouldn’t fall for such things so easily just because it’s your daddy!” yelled Xemone back. “You’re telling me, you don’t think it’s the least bit suspicious that a man who would duel his own son, burn his face, leaving him with a permanent scar, someone who would banish his own son, sending him on what should’ve been a total wild goose chase forever, someone who would steal his own brother’s rightful spot on the throne after his brother lost his only child, to suddenly change his ways for no good reason and specially request that his ‘wittle baby boy’ be brought back home to him so they can live happily ever after? Because if you do, you’re far more brainless than I first thought!”
“What would you know about family anyway?! The only reason you were born was to be a tool for destruction! And your father doesn’t even see you as his daughter! You’re lucky you’re even remotely classified as human and you think you have the right to lecture me on what my Father thinks or does?! You’ll never gain anybody’s respect and you’ll never redeem yourself as anything other than a freak, no matter what you do! So why don’t you mind your own business you earthbending peasant!” yelled Zuko at Xemone.
Iroh gave a worrisome look to Xemone whose face was turning deep red in anger as she paused for a second and said back in an angry tone, “Fine. I will. I have no reason to stay here anyway if you’re just going to blindly sail on home to your evil daddy.” She grabbed her sand gourd and strapped it to her back. “But when you go home and daddy doesn’t want to give you that big ol’ hug you always wanted from him, but instead gives wittle Zu-Zu a big fat spanking, DON’T COME CRYING TO ME!” Xemone then left the hut with her things leaving Iroh and Zuko behind.
“What is her problem?!” yelled Zuko.
“She was just concerned for you. As I am. ” said Iroh in a more understanding tone. “I know my brother better than anybody, and this is just not like him at all.”
“If you’re so unsure, or so suspicious, then you can rot here in the Earth Kingdom! But I’m going home!” yelled Zuko.
Iroh gave another worried look to Zuko and then sighed.

The next morning, Zuko had left the hut and made his way to the small harbor where a Fire Nation ship had been waiting for his arrival. He made his way down a set of stone stairs to the harbor, alone, repeatedly looking at the ship with a look of excitement in his eyes.
“Wait!” yelled Iroh as he made his way down the stairs to greet his nephew.
“Uncle! You changed your mind!” said Zuko in a happy tone.
“Family sticks together, right?” said Iroh as he placed a hand on Zuko’s shoulder as Zuko smiled at his Uncle.
“I suppose she didn’t return.” said Zuko in a still angry yet kind of remorseful tone.
“No. She hasn’t. Though that’s not very surprising. You were quite harsh with her, Zuko.” said Iroh.
Zuko looked out over the sea before him, the wind blowing through his hair and said “It doesn’t matter anyway…let’s go home.”
Zuko continued down the stairs as Iroh gave a glare to the ship in the water and soon followed after him.

A short while later, they reached the harbor and approached the squadron of Fire Nation soldiers there to greet them, with Azula overlooking it all from the entrance to the ship. Iroh glared and suspiciously watched all of the soldiers. One of them caught his eye, for seemingly no reason as Iroh gave the soldier a bit of an odd look.
“Brother!” said Azula as she greeted them. “Uncle! Welcome!” They then bowed to each other in greeting. “I’m so glad you decided to come.”
Iroh continued to scan the legion of soldiers for any suspicious behavior as he bowed.
“Are we ready to depart, Your Highness?” asked the Captain in charge of the soldiers.
“Set our course for home, Captain.” replied Azula.
“Home…” said Zuko in a soft voice.
“You heard the Princess! Release the anchors!” ordered the Captain. “We’re taking the prisoners hom--“ The Captain stopped in his tracks and nervously looked at Azula who was shooting an angry look to the Captain.
“Your Highness…I.” said the Captain as he fretfully looked behind him to Zuko who had changed his expression from a happy and excited one, to a surprised and furious one.
Iroh smirked and launched an attack on the soldiers, defeating them one by one with ease as Zuko angrily and forcibly made his way to confront his sister.
He stood before her and yelled “You lied to me!”
“Like I’ve never done that before.” said Azula as she walked off, leaving her guards to do her dirty work. The guards shot fire at Zuko. Zuko knocked both of the attacks  away and fire-kicked both of the guards off the ship. He then faced his smirking sister and prepared two fire daggers in his hands.
Iroh yelled as he fought off the guards “Zuko! Let’s go!” , but Zuko wouldn’t listen. Too blinded by anger at being lied to he attacked his sister, who seemed to have the upper hand in hand to hand combat.
Azula said mockingly “Father blames Uncle for the loss at the North Pole and he considers you a worthless failure for not finding the Avatar! Why would he want you home? Except to lock you up where you can no longer embarrass him?”
“That’s a good question.” said the soldier who had caught Iroh’s eye before who was now standing behind Azula. “But a better question would be ‘You should put some ice on that.’”
“Put some ice on wha--“ said Azula as she was interrupted as a helmet got thrown at her head, hitting her square in the forehead, knocking her down.
“That!” said the soldier in a triumphant voice as her face, now uncovered from the helmet to reveal Xemone was in the armor. “Wait. Wait….That was a statement, not a question. Sorry.”
“What…What are you doing here!?” asked a very surprised Zuko.
“What’s that? ‘Thanks for helping out, Xemone’? ‘It’s hard to find loyal friends like you, nowadays’? Oh that’s sweet.” said Xemone sarcastically.
Azula slowly got up and said “You. You’re that Earth Kingdom peasant Zu-Zu was hanging around with yesterday. You dare breach MY ship?!”
“….Yup!” said Xemone as she smirked and slammed her palms against her armor, causing the stone which she had colored to fit Fire Nation armor to transform into sand and recreate her sand gourd. She then threw the strap back on it and strapped it back onto her back.
Azula then burst out in anger and attacked both of them, clawing Zuko in the forehead.
She then grabbed both of their arms and pushed them to the lower part of the ship.
She then stood over them and generated a lightning attack in her hands. As she launched the lightning towards them, Iroh stepped in and grabbed Azula’s arm and re-directed the lightning into the mountainside. He then kicked her over the side of the ship and Iroh, Zuko and Xemone ran back into the Earth Kingdom.
They continued running until they reached a creek and stopped beside it.
They all tried to catch their breath as Iroh said “I think we’ll be safe here.”
Zuko then pulled out a knife and stared at it. Iroh nodded in agreement for what they knew they had to do. Zuko then sliced off his ponytail, which signified his royal status and handed the knife to Iroh who proceeded to cut off the bun in his hair off as well. They then dropped them into the creek, knowing that they were no longer allies to the Fire Nation.
Xemone stood up, sighed and said “We won’t be safe here for long….we should cut through the woods and try to find a town, but we should set up camp in the woods for a while, until things die down.”
Zuko sternly looked out onto the horizon and proceeded to walk with Iroh and Xemone into the woods.
Sunset approached them quickly as they made their way through the brush.
“We should set up camp here until morning.” said Xemone. “I’ll gather some firewood. Hope you boys don’t mind sleeping under the stars for the time being.” She then made her way through the woods to gather firewood and Iroh and Zuko cleaned up the campsite a little.
“I am sorry things didn’t work out the way you wanted, Zuko.” said Iroh.
“It’s okay. I was foolish not to be at least a little apprehensive of Azula, of all people’s, words.” said Zuko in a sad voice.
“You know….that was very kind of Xemone.” said Iroh.
“What was?” asked Zuko.
“Going to all that trouble to make sure you’d be okay going with Azula. Especially when she was so furious with you just a mere night before. Shows real loyalty and caring.”
“Hmph.” huffed Zuko in response.

A short while later, Xemone returned with the firewood and placed some of it in a pile in the middle of the campsite. “I assume you guys can take care of lighting it.”
Iroh then used his breath of fire to light the fire and smiled at Xemone.
“I also caught some fish for dinner. Gimme a minute and I’ll prepare it…” Xemone returned to a monotone voice, as always, but still with a little bitterness towards Zuko. She created a thin plate of rock and formed a stand for it over the fire with melded dirt transformed to stone. She then gutted the fish and set them on the hot, stone plate to cook.

After they had eaten, night had fallen. Revealing a bright, starry sky over them and a half moon right in the middle of it all.
“Ya know, this may be pretty and all, but it sure isn’t going to help keep us hidden.” said Xemone. Iroh then yawned and said “Well, I don’t know about you, but I am bushed.” He yawned again and laid down on the ground and said “Goodnight.” Soon enough he was asleep.
Zuko and Xemone sat quietly across from each other around the fire, Zuko staring at the fire, Xemone staring at the stars.
“Go to sleep.” said Xemone in her same monotone voice. “You’re useless otherwise…”
Zuko looked back into the fire with his same stern look and said “Someone has to keep--“ “I’ll keep watch.” interrupted Xemone, still staring at the stars.
Zuko sighed and laid back, his arms behind his head as he stared at the stars also.
“Hey.” asked Zuko.
“What now?” asked Xemone as she was getting increasingly irritated.
“I just…..” Zuko then sighed angrily and said “I’m….sorry…”
“Hmm?”
“I said I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have…ya know…yelled at you so badly before.”
“It’s fine…”
“It is?”
“I wouldn’t have forgiven you at all if I hadn’t thought about what you said….I don’t really…”understand”….I mean I can’t understand….but I know that everything you’ve been doing you’ve been doing not for just your honor, or your throne, but you’ve been doing it to return to the people you love and the place you belong…yet another thing I can’t understand…So I thought I’d do you a favor a look out for you one more time.”
Zuko somberly looked at the sky and said “Eternal loneliness…Eternal pain and suffering.”
“What was that?”
“Nothing I just…..I didn’t mean all that stuff I said about you either…Really I didn’t.”
“Don’t beat yourself up over it. It’s not like anything you said was a lie or anything...”
“You are human though…and you’re not a freak.”
“I am pretty freak-like…But you know what?”
“What?”
“At least I’m not NEARLY as big of a freak as your sister.”
Zuko then laughed and said “You’ve got a point.”
“Seriously, though. What is WRONG with that girl? “
“I’ve been trying to figure that out for years.”
Zuko and Xemone then laughed for a few minutes and then settled down again.
“I may know I tried to warn you, but….I’m sorry things went the way they did today…I know you were really looking forward to going home.” said Xemone.
Zuko sighed and said “It’s okay….I’m fine here, for the time being. Someday, things will change for the better, though…For you, too, I hope.”
Xemone chuckled and said “I doubt it.”
She then looked back up at the starry night and said “But….things change.”
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2008, 11:21:54 am »

That's very long
Report Spam   Logged
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2008, 11:56:42 am »

That's very long

...Yes, it is....
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2008, 11:48:31 pm »

Author's notes-COME ON!! WHERE MY READERS AT?!?! Sad

The Lone Earthbender
Chapter 20

A new day rose upon the now-fugitives. Xemone and Zuko went searching for food as Iroh eyed a beautiful flower growing in the ground. Zuko emerged from some bushes and said “I couldn’t find anything to eat.” Xemone then spontaneously jumped down from a tree limb, spooking Zuko and causing him to fall over. “I didn’t find anything either.” Said Xemone. “Get up…” Zuko then quickly got to his feet and said “Quit fooling around.” Xemone huffed at his statement as Zuko said “I can’t live like this! I wasn’t meant to be a fugitive! This is impossible!” “Quit your whining you spoiled prince. There’s plenty worse places we could be right now.” Said Xemone. “Haven’t you ever gone camping?” Zuko then turned his attention to his uncle, who was now sniffing the lone flower. “Uncle….What are you doing?!” Asked Zuko. “You are looking at the rare White Dragon Bush. Its leaves make a tea sooo delicious, it’s heartbreaking.” Answered Iroh, with a look of elation on his face. “…..That or it’s the White Jade Bush…which is poisonous.” Said Iroh, as his expression changed to concernment. “We don’t need tea…….I’m going fishing.” Zuko then made his way to a nearby stream to attempt to catch some fish for them to eat. “You know, he may be spoiled and hot-headed, but he’s got a point. Tea won’t exactly quell your hunger. I’m going to see if there are some fruit trees around here.” Said Xemone. She then hopped back into the tall trees and searched for food as Iroh stood still staring at the flower. “Hmmm….Delectable tea? ……Or deadly poison?....Hmmm.”

Zuko returned a few hours later with a tiny fish at the end of stick that looked more like the bait than the catch. Xemone returned a few minutes later with empty arms. Everything she found was either poisonous picked clean due to passing soldiers. “Well, I had no luck…What about yo—“ Xemone then spotted the tiny fish. “That’d be a hearty meal for a guppy.” Said Xemone, chuckling. “Oh shut up.” Said Zuko. “Hey, you caught a fish that small with a stick. That’s actually an accomplishment, when you think about.” Said Xemone, in a rare moment of kindness towards the prince. As they approached Iroh, his back turned to them as he sat on the ground in the same place he was when they left, Iroh said “You remember that plant I thought might be tea?” Worried expressions then blanketed Zuko’s and Xemone’s faces. “You didn’t.” said the pair at the same time. “I did…….” Iroh then turned around to reveal his blotchy, rash covered face and said “…and it wasn’t. Xemone and Zuko then jumped back in shock as they looked at his red face with a loud “WHAH!?” Iroh then started to scratch his back with a stick and said “When the rash spreads to my throat, I will stop breathing…” Iroh then showed Zuko and Xemone the stick he was scratching with to show it was covered in red berries. “But look what I found! These are Paquya berries! Known to cure the poison of the White Jade plant…..That or macaona berries that cause blindness.” Zuko then grabbed the berries out of Iroh’s hands and threw them into the woods while saying “We’re not taking anymore chances with these plants!” “Princey’s right, you need a doctor not a case of blindness…” Said Xemone.  “But where are we going to go?” asked Iroh “We’re enemies of the Earth Kingdom and fugitives of the Fire Nation.” Iroh then lifted up his pant leg to reveal even more of his rash. “If the Fire Nation discovers us we could be killed.” Said Zuko as he thought of ideas. “But of the Fire Nation catches us, they’ll turn us over to Azula…” Said Xemone. “…..Earth Kingdom it is.” Replied Zuko as they headed towards a town.

A while later, they came to a small town and found an herbalist medicinal shop where they admitted Iroh to get treatment for the poison. Xemone kept her identity hidden under her hood as Zuko donned a straw sun hat. An employee at the shop, a teenage girl, rubbed medicinal ointment on Iroh and she said “You three must not be from around here. We know better than to touch the White Jade, much less to make it into tea and drink it.” Iroh then chuckled and said “Whoops!” “So where are you travelling from?” asked the girl. Zuko then hopped up, deepened his voice and said “Yes, we’re travelers.” Xemone rolled her eyes at Zuko’s attempt to act nonchalant. “Do you have names?” asked the girl. “Names?” asked Zuko as he nervously approached them. “Of course we have names…I’m….Lee!...And this is my Uncle….uhh…Mushi.” Iroh then shot Zuko a glare. “And what’s your quiet friend’s name?” asked the girl. “She’s.....uhhhh….” Zuko then stared at her for a second and a smirk came across his face. “Yukishiroi. We call her Yukishi.” Answered Zuko. An inquisitive look came upon Xemone’s face, which quickly turned to an annoyed expression when she realized it was a pun on her white hair. Yuki means “snow” shiroi means “white”, in other words he’s calling her “Snow White”. “Oh ha ha.” Said Xemone in a sarcastic tone under her breath.  “That’s quite an unusual, but pretty name.” said the girl. “Yeah, Lee here was named after his father so we just call him “Junior”!” said Xemone with a devious look as Zuko made intimidating gestures behind the girl’s back at Xemone. “Mushi, Yukishi and Junior, huh?” said the girl “My name is Song. You guys look like you could use a good meal. Why don’t you stay for dinner?” “Sorry, but we need to be moving on.” Answered Zuko. “That’s too bad.” replied Song,”My mom always makes too much roast duck.” Iroh then popped up with a grin and said “Where do you live, exactly?” Xemone and Zuko then shook their heads in disapproval at Iroh’s statement, but decided they should all just go with Song.

Later that night, at Song’s house, Song’s family along with the fugitive trio, sat down for a nice dinner of the roast duck Song had mentioned earlier. As Song’s mother came into the dining room with the duck she said to them, “My daughter tells me you’re refugees.” She sat down to the table and continued “We were once refugees ourselves.” Song then started in with the story, “When I was a little girl, the Fire Nation raided our farming village. All the men were taken away…That’s the last time I saw my father.” Song then lowered her head in sorrow as Zuko showed a look of compassion then of sadness as he recalled “I haven’t seen my father in many years…” Xemone then glanced to Zuko with her same blank face, though with a small look of compassion. “Oh.” replied Song. “Is he fighting in the war?” Xemone and Iroh then glared at Zuko, anxious about what his answer would be, as Zuko put down his bowl and said “….Yeah.” “Oh. I’m so sorry.” said Song to the saddened prince. Zuko then looked at Song and said “Well, you know how it can be.” “Yes, but just because I sympathize doesn’t mean it’s still not sad.” Zuko then smiled slightly and said “No worries. I’ve adjusted quite well over the years.” Song then smiled and said “I’m glad.” Xemone then set down her bowl and got up from the table. She bowed politely to Song’s mother and said quietly “Thank you for the meal….” and walked towards the door, “Hey…” said Zuko, “Where are you going?” “Just going to sit outside for a while….fresh air…” Zuko replied “O..kay.” as Xemone walked out the door. “Not to be rude, but, what’s your friend’s story? She your sister or something?” asked Song. “No….Just a good friend.” replied Zuko as he continued eating.

Sometime later, Zuko decided to also sit outside on the other side of the house from where Xemone was, to clear his head and to think about some things. The door to the house then opened up as Song came out beside the prince. “Can I join you?” Xemone then heard her voice on the other side of the house. With a devious look on her face, she snuck around to the side of the house to eavesdrop on the two. “I know what you’ve been through.” said Song as she approached Zuko, “We’ve all been through it.” Song then sat down beside Zuko and said with a sad look her eyes as she looked at Zuko’s burned face, “The Fire Nation has hurt you.” Xemone then peeked around the corner as Song attempted to place a hand on Zuko’s scar. Xemone started to get pretty troubled as she watched them. Zuko then grabbed Song’s hand without saying a word or turning his head and she placed her hands back at her sides. Xemone sighed slightly then turned back thinking Wait…what am I doing? What do I need to watch them for? This is just a big fat waste of my ti— Xemone’s thoughts were then interrupted by Song stating softly “It’s okay…” which caused her to turn her attention back to them “They’ve hurt me too.” Song then lifted up her dress to reveal a large burn scar on her leg. Zuko then gave a surprised and sympathetic look towards Song. He had never known what this side of the war was like. What his nation’s actions were really causing. Song then looked at him again “Physical or emotional….we all carry the scars of war.” Xemone then got an inquisitive look which quickly turned to a nervous look as she saw them leaning towards each other. As their faces got closer, nearing a kiss “HEY GUYS!!” said Xemone as she popped up in front of them which caused the two of them to jump up in surprise and embarrassment as they looked toward the earthbender. “We should…uhh….go in now. It’s getting kind of cold out here, huh?” said Xemone quickly to the, still-in-shock pair. “Uhh, yes. We should.” Said Zuko as he stood up. “In fact, we really should be going. I’ll go get my uncle.” Zuko then walked into the house, leaving the two girls alone in the yard until Zuko fetched his uncle. Xemone and Song stood awkwardly as they waited, neither looking at the other. Xemone then coughed in a nonchalant manner. “So..uhh…You and Lee….Uhh?” Said Song in an awkward fashion. “No. No.” replied Xemone in a cool tone. “Just a companion…..Why? You and him?” “No. No. No.” replied Song quickly, “Not at all.” Zuko then returned with his uncle and Song’s mother “We’re going, Yukishi. You ready?” said Zuko. “Yes…” replied Xemone in a semi-annoyed tone. “Thank you for the duck.” Said Zuko to Song’s mother. “It was excellent.” “You’re welcome.” replied the mother, as she handed Iroh a bunch of food, wrapped up for their travel. “I’ve never seen someone eat my cooking with such…gusto!” “Years of practice.” Said Iroh as he patted his gut with a smile. Zuko then turned and walked away, as did Xemone, only to be stopped by Iroh who yelled “Junior! Yukishi! Where are your manners? You need to thank these nice people.” Zuko and Xemone then turned around and faced Song and her mother, then bowed in respect and said “Thank you.” Song then told Zuko, “I know you don’t think there’s any hope in the world, but there is hope. The Avatar has returned!” Zuko then stared ahead with an unyielding look on his face and said “I know…” Zuko, Xemone and Iroh then walked through the gate in their fence as Song and her mother returned to the house. They walked past Song’s family ostrich-horse that was eating beside the property. Zuko then stopped and looked at the ostrich-horse for a second before untying it from the post it was tied to and led it along the road. Xemone and Iroh looked back at the prince and Iroh said “What are you doing? These people just showed you great kindness.” “Yeah….lots of kindness.” said Xemone in a sarcastic tone. “They’re about to show us a little more kindness…” Zuko then extended his hand to Xemone and waited for her to take it. “…Well?” Xemone then huffed and grabbed Zuko’s hand and got on the ostrich-horse. Xemone then grabbed Iroh’s arm and lifted him onto the ostrich-horse as well. “Hang on…” said Zuko. Xemone then said, again sarcastically “To what? His wings?” Xemone then huffed again and wrapped her arms around Zuko’s chest as they rode off down the trail. Song looked back through the front door and watched them ride off on her ostrich-horse, giving a disappointed sigh as she shut the door.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2008, 04:46:41 pm »

I didn't even know you got in another chap till just now. I thought Xemone would have let them kiss then get all moody for a while but I guess I was wrong well I'll be waiting for the next one
Report Spam   Logged
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2008, 05:17:18 pm »

I didn't even know you got in another chap till just now. I thought Xemone would have let them kiss then get all moody for a while but I guess I was wrong well I'll be waiting for the next one
Well, if I had let them kiss that'd just leave a big cliffhanger in their supposed "relationship" (Zuko's and Song's) since I honestly had no incentive to bring her back in the FF....
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2008, 12:56:01 pm »

This story has been closed under the wishes of the creator(me) and will be re-posted soon in a totally remastered and re-written format.(The over-all story WILL be changing)

Locked.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum