Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 04:50:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "My mind is complicated, like a puzzle....I just happen to be missing a few pieces."~DT

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Lone Earthbender (Rated PG-13 for later chapters)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lone Earthbender (Rated PG-13 for later chapters)  (Read 3435 times)
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2008, 07:46:10 pm »

Thanks guys. =]

And Part 2 should be up sometime tonight,Doru. ^_^
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2008, 01:11:56 am »

The Lone Earthbender
Chapter 17 Part 2
Start of Book 2

They reached Omashu at sunset.The city setlling as the day ended.
"Ugh,finally." Said Zuko in a tired tone as they apporached the city gates.
"Yes" Iroh panted and then sighed "The grand earth kingdom city of Omashu."
Zuko then spotted the giant gate to the city and the guard out front.
"Oh man." Said Zuko.
He then took Xemone's cloak off her and put it on Iroh.
"What are you doing Prince Zuko?" Asked Iroh as Zuko took the gourd off his back and put the cloak on him.
"You can't be seen in the city with those clothes on.This'll go smoother if you blend in.We can buy some new clothes when we get into the city."
"Oh,Alright." replied Iroh.
Zuko then replaced the gourd on Iroh's back to which Iroh replied with an "OOF!" and they made their way to the gate.
The guard stopped them and said "State your business in the city of Omashu."
Zuko replied "Uhh,my...sister is sick.You see she was out praciticing her earthbending and we were keeping an eye out for her since she has been sick the past few days.Stubborn girl my sis is and she just collapsed.We need to find her a place to rest and get something to eat."
The guard looked at all three of them and said "Alright,you may pass."
The gate then opened and Iroh and Zuko walked through.
Iroh yelled "Thank you kind sir!from both of us!and I'm sure if my little neice was conscious she'd thank you too!" to the guard.
The guard waved them on and shut the gate.
"I now know the secret to invading major earth kingdom cities." Said Zuko as they walked.
"What is that,nephew?" replied Iroh.
"Have a bunch of fire nation soldiers appear at the gate saying they have sick sisters and we'll win this war no problem." said Zuko.
Iroh laughed and said "We've been lucky,Zuko.That's all." and they continued on.

They reached an inn some time later.Zuko spotted it and said "That'll be perfect."
"Perfect for people who have money,Prince Zuko." replied Iroh.
"Err...right I forgot...We'll have to scrounge up some money while we're in this city...For the time being..." Zuko then ran towards the inn.
"Zuko!What are you doing?!" Yeled Iroh as he followed his nephew.
Zuko reached the inn and met the elderly innkeeper.
"Why hello there." Said the elderly innkeeper "My name is Pani.Are you interested in--Oh dear!Is that girl alright?"
Zuko then got a bit of a fake,sad voice and said "Well,not really.See my sister here collapsed when she was practicing her earthbending earlier.She's been quite sick for a while,we tried to tell her not to,but she's very stubborn.We're travellers so we don't have any actual home."
Iroh rolled his eyes. You know,Zuko.There's only so many times people will buy that sick sister story.
"Oh my how awful!" Said the innkeeper.
But I guess we haven't reached that point yet. thought Iroh.
Zuko continued "We don't have any money so we're just searching for a covered spot for all of us to sleep in until we can scrouge up enough money for a doctor and some temporary shelter."
"Nonsense!" Said Pani. "You can stay here as long as you need.Here I'll show you to your room."
Pani led them to the room.It wasn't the most luxurious room,but at least it was free.
"I'll bring a cold washcloth for your sister and get you both some tea." Said Pani as she left the room.
"What did I tell you?Tell someone you have a sick sister and they give you anything." Said Zuko as he set Xemone on the bed.
"You lies get more and more intricate,Prince Zuko." Said Iroh.
"Whatever gets us what we need."
"So,are we just gonna leave her here while we go searching for that house?" Asked Iroh.
"No.We're too tired.We should rest and wait until morning.We can't really gather a lot of infomation while the streets are bare and it's dark out anyway." Said Zuko as he sat at the table that was in the room.
Iroh sat down at the other chair at the table as Pani,entered the room with the cold washcloth and the tea.
"Here's your tea!" Said Pani as she set the tea cups on the table then pured the tea into the cups.
"Thank you so much,for your kindness." Said Iroh as he grabbed the cup gently.
"It's no trouble at all.Oh and here's--Oh how embarrassing!I forgot to ask your names." Said Pani.
Zuko kinda paniked and said "I'm...uhh...Lee and this is my Uncle...Mushi."
Iroh shot Zuko an agitated glare.
"And my sister's name is...uh...Rin!"
"Rin,eh?" Said Pani.
Zuko got kind of worried.
".....I have a granddaughter named Rin!Lovely name!" Said Pani as she set the cold washcloth on Xemone's forehead.
Zuko let out a sigh of relief.
"Is there anything else I can get you?" Asked Pani.
"No,I believe we're just fine for now." Said Iroh "My nephew and I will just go to bed in a few minutes."
"Oh,I should get you some blankets and a few pillows if you're planning on sleeping on the floor." Said Pani.
"That'd be nice.Thank you." Said Zuko.
Pani then left the room to fetch the blankets and pillows.
Zuko said "We're going to gather some money and get some earth kingdom clothes.Then tommorow afternoon we'll go find her old house."
"Sounds like a plan." Said Iroh "I hope we can find a way to wake her up."
Zuko then got up and sat on the floor. "Me too...Because the only alternative I can think of is...."
Pani then came back with an armful of blankets and pillows.
"Here ya are boys!" Said Pani as she set the blankets and pillows down on the floor.
"If there's nothing else you boys need,I'll be off for the night."
"No,nothing else.Thank you very much." said Iroh as he and Zuko collected the blankets.
"I hope your sister gets better in the morning.G'night." Said Pani as she shut the door.
"Good night" said Iroh and Zuko.
Zuko and Iroh then made up a couple make-shift beds with the blankets and pillows.
Zuko found and extra blanket and covered Xemone up with it.
He then layed down on his make-shift bed and got under the covers,as did Iroh in his.
"Good night Uncle." Said Zuko.
"Good night Zuko." Said Iroh.
A few moments of silence was broken by Iroh.
"Prince Zuko?"
Zuko,half-asleep said "Uhhh...what?"
"How exactly are we going to earn money here?"
Zuko replied "I don't suppose if I tell the clothing store owner that I've got a sick sister--"
Iroh interrupted and said "Don't push your luck,Prince Zuko."

The next morning at the crack of dawn....
"WAKE UP BOYS!!" Yelled Pani through the door.
Zuko groggily opened one eye as Iroh lundged out of his make-shift bed in shock of the yell.
"May I come in?!" Yelled Pani through the door.
Zuko lazily covered his face in the blanket and groaned.
Iroh yelled "Yes,please come in!"
Pani entered and said "I apologize.I completely forgot about Rin.How is she this morning?"
Zuko tiredly said "Ughh...Who?"
Iroh gently kicked his nephew in the stomach.
"OOF!" Said Zuko as he sprang from the balnket in shock.
"Excuse my nephew.He gets absent-minded when he's sleepy.Of course he realizes that Rin is his SISTER" Said Iroh in a tone directed at Zuko.
Zuko Quickly stood up and said "Oh!Of course!Silly me.How could I forget my own sister?Well let's check up on her."
Zuko AND Iroh then walked to Xemone and checked on her.
No change.Still sleeping like a baby and her vital signs were still the same.
Zuko turned towards Pani and said "Well,rest does cure most ailments.and if there's one thing my sis knows how to do...it's sleep...a lot."
Pani got a bit of a confused look but then giggled and said "I suppose your right!Well,I'll get you boys some breakfast and get your sister another cold wash cloth and some of my special medicine.It cures ANYTHING!!" Pani then laughed again and left the room.
Zuko sighed and said "Well,after we eat we should get a move on."
Iroh sat down at the table and said "Zuko,don't you think one of us should stay with Young Xemone?I mean,it won't look very good if we leave her alone while she's in this condition all day."
Zuko re-did his ponytail and said "Yeah,I suppose so...You stay here while I go out for the day then."Zuko then sat down on the other side of the table.
A short while later Pani came into the room with two plates of scrambled eggs.
Iroh said "Oh wow,that smells delicious!"
Pani set the plates down on the table and said "Why,thank you."
"Eat up boys.The medicine for Rin is being prepared as we speak and I got a nice cold wascloth out here for her." Said Pani as she left the room for a second to fetch it.
"Here we are." She said as she returned with the washcloth.She placed the wash cloth on Xemone's forehead and said "Well,I better go check on that medicine.Eat up boys.Be back later!"
"Thank you" Said Iroh and Zuko as Pani left and closed the door.
Zuko and Iroh ate the eggs and clean up their places.
Zuko then got ready to leave and said "Keep an eye on her."
"Don't worry about a thing Prince Zuko." Said Iroh as he sat on the side of the bed Xemone was resting on.
Zuko started to open the door and said "Oh,and don't let that old lady's "medicine" kill her ok?"
Iroh laughed and said "Everything will be fine,Zuko."
Zuko then left.

Zuko walked throughout the city.Looking for some clue as to the whereabouts of Xemone's old home.
As time went by he pretty much realized he had to stop and ask someone about it,but he knew he couldn't raise any suspicions on himself.
He walked around for a while longer and spotted a rough looking bar.Definitely one of the city's rat holes.He decided to ask in there.After-all it's no like anyone in a place like that would go to any authorities.
He entered the semi-dark bar,greeted by a bunch of weary stares.He approached the bar and the bartender said "Whatdya need,kid?"
"Information." Replied Zuko.
The bartender scoffed and said "What about,kid?"
"I heard that a while ago a demonic child destroyed a massive part of this city." Replied Zuko.
Glasses clinked as the men in the bar set down their glasses abruptly.
Zuko looked around the room as the bartender replied "That was a long time ago and no one likes to speak of it...Unless you've spotted the Ghostly demon...Have you?"
Zuko said cooly "No,I was just curious.I honestly don't believe half a city could be put in ruins by a small child.I came here to see the ruins for myself."
"Aye." Said the bartender "Just touring through a spot of the biggest tragedy to hit Omashu,huh?"
"It's not like a pleasent stroll.I just wanted to see for myself.I never believe what I don't see with my own two eyes." Said Zuko.
The bartender started cleaning out a glass with a cloth and said "Well,that was just the opposite...we saw it full well and couldn't believe it."
Zuko stood silently as the stares from the rough locals drove into him.
The bartender turned around and said "That place is cursed by demonic energy...we were forced to block it off and rebuild elsewhere.We forbid anyone from entering that place...but if they do,they do it at their own risk..."
The bartender set the galss down and started to clean another and said "We really should've killed that soulless,murderous girl and her evil shell of a father..."
Zuko clentched his fists as he waited for the bartender to finish.The bartender set down the glass and said "Straight out the door to this bar,hang a left.Keep going stright until you reach a narrown alleyway.Travel down that alley way and you'll find a short rocky trail to a massive wall of rocks on the city wall.Find you way inside,good luck with that by the way,and you're there."
Zuko said "Thank you." and slightly bowed to the bartender and started to walk out the door,but was stopped when her heard "HEY!" from the bartender who gave a serious look and said "I'm not kidding...that place is cursed by demonic energy.An evil man named Xemnas cursed the whole place when he unleashed that monster of a child on our city.The man was utterly consumed with demons.Thoughts of demons,demonic energy whatever.Didn't give a bit of a care to humans..."
The bartender then picked up another glass to clean and said "One of three things will happen when you enter the forbidden city.You either have your sould consumed by the demons....you'll die...or you'll get out without one scratch on your nose.Have fun,kid." The bartender then gave a small laugh as Zuko left the bar.
He stood at the entrance and looked to the left and continued on.....

Meanwhile,back at the inn...
"I'm back with the medicine!" Yelled Pani as she entered the room.
"Ah,hello again." Said Iroh.
Pani looked around the room and said "Oh,where did Lee go?"
Iroh responded "He went out to explore the city and try to find some remedies for Rin."
"Ah,then I'm afraid he's wasting his time!" Said Pani with a laugh. "Because I've got the solution to her troubles right here!"
She then held up a bowl with a bowl of steaming purple goop in it.The smell that emitted from it was undescribable.
Iroh cringed and tried to non-chalantly cover his nose.
"Excuse me but--Ugh...what is that made of?...ugh." Asked Iroh in disgust.
"Well,the full recipe is a secret,but there's some centi-slug goo,ground up fire beetles,tree sap,turtle-toad tongue and gorilla goat fur in it." replied Pani in a happy tone.
Iroh's face turned to sheer shock,horror and disgust.
Pani lifted up Xemone's head and brought the bowl to her mouth and said "Open up!"
Iroh then intervened and grabbed the bowl before the vile goop could reach Xemone's mouth and said "You know...She's so fussy...If this..wonderful stuff does work she may wake up in a shock and spill the medicine everywhere.Especially before a stranger.I don't want to make a mess in you inn,after you've been so hospitable to us.Better let me feed it to her." Iroh then gave a big smile to Pani.
Pani said "...Oh,how kind.You're right,she should wake up in the arms of someone familiar instead of a stranger's.I'll just go for now.Yell for me if you need anything." Pani then left the room as Iroh said "Thank you.I will."
Iroh looked at the bowl as a bubble formed in the goop and popped with a "bloosh" noise.
Iroh went "Blech!I think you've gone through enough without having this in your mouth,eh Xemone?" Iroh then walked into the bathroom and poured it in the sink and washed it down.
"Ugh...I wonder how long this retched smell will last...You're lucky you're unconscious,Xemone.Ugh"
Iroh then layed down on the floor to relax as he awaited Zuko's return.

Zuko made his way through the streets of Omashu.The closer he got to his goal,the less people he'd come across.
He came to the narrow alleyway as the bartender said and made his way through.
As he came to the end of the alleyway he came to a bare portion of the city connecting with a short,rocky trail.
He walked towards the trail and made his through it.
At noon,with the bright sun beating down on him,he spotted his goal.The rocky formation on the city walls.The closed off,forbidden city behind the barracade.
As he made his way to the gigantic wall of rocks he contimplated how he'd enter it.He walked around the massive "entrance" to the city trying to find a faultline,a crack,a mis-placed rock,anything that could help him enter it,but to no avail.
"Urgh!" Yelled Zuko in frustration "How am I supposed to get in!?"
He stood there in front of the wall for a few minutes,just staring at the wall.He then got an idea.He spotted an old well not too far away and ran to it.He then cranked the bucket up and said "Please..."
The bucket came up to the top,filled with water."Yes." said Zuko. He then unhooked the bucket from the well and ran towards the wall.He then took a firebending stance and breathed in deep.He then whispered to himself "This better work..." He then slammed his hands together and slammed his palms onto the rock formation and heated the rock up to very high temperatures.He knew he couldn't make the rock molten.He wasn't that advanced of a firebender,but his idea still stood.
He heated up the rock as much as he could and then let his hands off the rock and grabbed the bucket of water and splashed it on it,instantly cooling the searing hot rock.
A burst of steam came from the rock as the water hit the rock formation.
As the steam cleared he noticed he had slightly weakened the rock.
Zuko said "Ugh...this may take a while.The ONE time the earthbender could be of serious use and she's unconscious..." Zuko then ran to get another bucket of water and repeated the process over and over...

Sunset fell over the city of Omashu.Zuko was almost finished in his attempt to break through the rock.The rock was getting very weak and was covered in cracks.Zuko was now exausted and sweaty as he grabbed one more bucket of water,heated up the rocks one more time and splashed the water on the rock one more time.
As the steam that emmited from the rock Zuko collapsed on the ground in exaustion.
The steam cleared with a gentle gust of wind and Zuko stared up to the orange and red sky as the sun set and said "What... a pain..." Zuko groaned as he got up and walked on the weakened part of the rock and kicked it.
Pebbles fell,but no break.He repeatidly kicked it until he got frustrated and started jumping up and down on it.The rock gave way and he fell through the hole that was created. "AHHHHHHHH!!! OOF!!" Said Zuko as he fell to the darkened ground of the forbidden city.
"Urgh...I hate Omashu." Zuko then rubbed his head and looked at the city which was shrouded in darkness.Everything was pitch black,being totally covered in a shell of stone.He couldn't see a thing.he created a bit of fire in his hand and used it as a torch to see.He walked through the quiet,darkness covered city.His only means of light being the meager amount of fire in his hand.The city was cold and eerily silent.So silent that you'd think even your own voice would be silenced in it.He looked all around at the ruined city.Craters all around,buildings destroyed,homes anihilated.All this caused by the demonic child known only to the locals as a demonic phantom,or more commonly "The Ghostly Demon."
He searched for the focus point of all the destruction.That would be his best chance to find Xemone's old home.Though it was very difficult in such dark conditions.

After a couple hours of searching he slowly started to notice the damage was getting worse and worse as he walked,bloodstains everywhere.Reminicent of the slaughter.He continued on in hopes of finding the centerpoint.
He got to where the damage seemed worst.Most everything around him was rubble and bloodstains.He searched each direction for something.Anything.
He then spotted a small stone house,still standing.Something was odd about this house.This was the centerpoint of it all...the centerpoint of all the evil,demonic energy.
Zuko slowly made his way over the rubble to the house.He approached the house and slowly opened the door.It was cold inside the house.It didn't feel like a home.It felt like a dungeon.Very fitting as he found Xemone's cell moments later.Chains and shackles in the cell,to keep Xemone restrained.
Upon closer inspection of the walls of the cell,Zuko noticed odd symbols drawn on the walls of the cell.He didn't know what they were,but could only guess they had something to do training or restraining Xemone's demon form.
He continued on through the house until he reached a big locked door.If anything useful was going to be in this creepy,hollow house it'd be in there.Zuko kicked the door to try and open it,but it didn't budge in the least.He then took the fire that was in his hands and bended it around his fist and punched the door locks off and ndged the door open as he created another flame to see,but what he saw,he didn't like.

As the flame illuminated the room,which was what looked like an old,small library from all the stone bookselves around the room.
In the center of the room was an enormous pile of ashes.
Zuko walked over to the ashes,kneeled down and picked up a handful of the ashes and slowly poured them back into the pile.
"All this way...for ashes...." Said Zuko in a somber tone.
He then got up and left the room and quickly searched the rest of the house for anything that could be useful.A leftover book,a scroll,anything.
Zuko found nothing,but cold,empty,stone rooms.
Zuko cletched his fist in anger and left the house.
As he walked towards the exit of the ruined city he said to himself "Great...I really didn't want it to come to this..."

Back at the inn,as midnight arrived,Iroh looked out the window thinking Prince Zuko,what is taking you so long?...I hope nothing happened to you.
Just as Iroh thought that an exausted,sweaty,filthy Zuko walked into the room with a box under his arm.
Iroh quickly turned his head and quickly walked over to greet Zuko.
"Zuko,you had me worried.What took you so long?" Zuko stood silent as he plopped the box on the floor.Iroh looked at the box and asked "What's in the box,Zuko?"
Zuko sat down on the floor and opened the box revealing several shirts and pants,earth kingdom designs.
Iroh picked up one of the shirts and said "Oh,so you got some money for clothes,I see."
Zuko picked up a shirt out of the box and said "No,I stole them on my way back."
Iroh said disapprovingly "Zuko...."
"I had no choice Uncle.I had no time to raise any money.It took me forever to get to the forbidden city and even longer to search it." Said Zuko as he also grabbed a pari of pants from the box.
Iroh looked at the shirt and replied "I suppose drastic times call for drastic measures." Zuko then took off his shirt and picked up the pants and shirt he picked out and walked towards the bathroom to wash up.As he reashed the doorway Iroh asked "Since we're spending more time talking about clothes...I suppose you didn't find anything to help young Xemone..."
Zuko stopped and leaned on the frame of the doorway and said "No...the entire house was pretty much empty...all his notes and research books were burned to a huge pile of ashes in the middle of his library."
Iroh got a somber look on his face and looked at Xemone and said "So...what do we do now,Prince Zuko?"
Zuko cletched his fist and said "We go to the real source..."
Iroh then got a slightly surpirsed expression as Zuko said "We're going to find Xemnas...and ask him..."
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2008, 10:15:17 pm »

Aww man I thought the awakening thing for Xemone would be there, oh well till next time.
Report Spam   Logged
Mr. Rainbow
この人生が嘘に感染されている。
Warned Members
Resident

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷThomasƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2008, 10:25:20 pm »

Damn sis, that's long.....
It's real good, but damn......It's long.....LIKE ME! *Drum Roll* XD
Report Spam   Logged

Courtesy of DT
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2008, 03:36:49 pm »

I should have the rest of Chapter 18 done by tonight, it's gonna be another long one. XP
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2008, 09:30:11 pm »

Aw man I've been wanting to read it already.
Report Spam   Logged
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2008, 11:17:17 pm »

Aw man I've been wanting to read it already.
Sorry, I never got the opportunity to finish it. >.<;;
I'm going away for nine days but when I get back I'm going to town on my FF's and AMV's.  Undecided Grin
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2008, 05:52:45 pm »

The Lone Earthbender
Chapter 18

A new day had begun and Zuko had started getting ready to leave at sunrise with a very confused and worried Iroh nagging him over his shoulder.
"But Zuko,do you have any idea how dangerous this is? I mean,Xemone tried to defeat Xemnas in her demon form and still couldn't bring him down. What makes you think we could defend ourselves if he attacked us?"
Zuko finished gathering the small amount of things they had and said "Xemnas has no quarrel with us. I don't see why he would attack us. Besides do you see another choice? Our best bet literally went up in flames."
"Alright fine,but how do you expect to find him? We haven't seen hide nor hair of him in ages. Who knows how far away he could be." replied Iroh.
Zuko grabbed Xemone's sand gourd and strapped it to his back and reponded to Iroh by saying "I remember the first time we witnessed her transformation,after the fight with those earth kingdom soliders who captured you...After she came out of it, I asked her what triggered it..."
"What did she say?" Asked Iroh.
"She said "I saw a symbol on the earthbenders armor.""
"...You think that may have been Xemnas's crest or something?" Asked Iroh.
"Yeah. I think Xemnas is secretly making mystically enhanced armor for the earth kingdom,while under banishment."
"Hmm,I suppose that's possible.The armor on those earthbenders were almost unbelieveably strong, and Xemnas would need some form of steady income." replied Iroh.
"Yeah.Grab her and let's go." replied Zuko.
"But Zuko,if his operation is so secretive in the earth kingdom,what makes you think anyone will tell us where he is?" Asked Iroh as he walked over to Xemone.
"I don't think just anyone will or will be able to tell us.That's why were going to see the King of Omashu and ask."
Iroh grabbed Xemone and put her on his back and said "Oh yes,King Bumi.Very funny man.A little nuts,but a joy to be around."
Zuko grabbed the doorknob and said "If anyone will know,it's him." He then opened the door and walked through the inn with Iroh close behind. They came upon Pani who was,at the time,tending to another customer,but she stopped and said to them "Oh,are you leaving?"
Zuko and Iroh stopped and Iroh said "Uh,yes.We contacted a very good doctor for young Rin!But he's a ways away and we have to to see him ourselves. We apologize,though. As we have nothing to pay you with."
"No bother." Replied Pani. "Just make sure she gets batter soon."
"We will." replied Zuko in a serious tone.
"Farewell then!" said Pani as they left.
"Farewell!" yelled Iroh. They then left the inn and headed towards the palace of King Bumi.

As Iroh and Zuko walked a question came to Iroh's mind.
"Prince Zuko?" Whispered Iroh to Zuko.
"What is it?" replied Zuko in the same hushed tone.
"When we find Xemnas,what makes you think he'll help her? He wants to kill her and take her demon energy. Why would he help her wake up from such a vulnerable condition?"
"He knows he has to kill her while she's transformed to get her demon energy.The demon energy has to be awakened when she's killed to retrieve the energy. He needs her to wake up because if she stays like this she'll never turn into her demon form again and he'll be left in the dark."
Iroh got a sly smile and said "Ahh. So you're going to give Xemnas an untimatum."
"Exactly." replied Zuko with the same sly smile.

A short while later they reached the palace doors,only to be greeted by two guards with spears.
"Halt!" yelled one of the guards. "What is your business with King Bumi?"
Iroh whispered to Zuko "Let me handle this."
"Why?" replied Zuko.
"Because I doubt these guards would fall for a "sick sister" story."
Zuko huffed and Iroh said to the guards "Excuse me gentlemen,we just ask for a short council with the honorable King."
"For what reasons?" asked the other guard.
"Well,I'm an old friend of the King and I wanted a visit."
"What's your name?" asked the previous guard.
"Uhh,Under orders I cannot reveal my identity.Just tell him "The tea man" is here. He'll understand.
The guards stood with baffled faces and the other guard then said "So what's up with the girl?"
"Oh,she just fell asleep.See,she didn't get much sleep last night and she just collapsed early this morning and we decided to let her sleep.
The guards got more confused,but the first guard decided to cave and said "Fine. I'll go tell him." he then opened the door and walked inside. As he shut the door he told the other guard "You keep an eye on them and make sure they don't try anything funny."
"Right" replied the guard as the other guard shut the doors.
"You better not be blowing our cover with this "friend" thing,Uncle." whispered Zuko to Iroh.
"Don't worry.Bumi's got a complicated,tricky mind. He'll get what I mean and know not to reveal our identites." Whispered Iroh back to Zuko.

The guard returned from behind the doors and left the doors open.
"The King seems to recognize you. He has accepted your request of council." said the guard as he returned to his post. "Just walk straight through and take the stairs to the second floor and go through the giant doors. The King is right in that room."
"Thank you very much" replied Iroh as he and Zuko made their way through the doorway and the guards shut the doors.
"I'm amazed that worked without blowing our cover." Said Zuko.
"Bumi and I have created our own secret codes for special occasions. That one was for if I was ever undercover." replied Iroh as they made their way up the stairs.
""The tea man?"" said Zuko with a small laugh.
"Hey,it fits,doesn't it?" replied Iroh.
"Yes,Yes it does." said Zuko as they made their way to the doors.
Iroh knocked on the doors.
"Come on in!!" replied the voice of King Bumi.
Iroh and Zuko pushed the doors open and were greeted by the flashy-dressed,crazy looking King Bumi.
"Why,hello,Tea man!" said Bumi in a peppy voice.
Iroh laughed and said "I knew you would remember."
"Of course,my friend. Undercover,eh? Aren't you a bit too...retired for that?" replied Bumi.
Iroh laughed nervously and said "Yes,well...I'm not so much undercover for military reasons."
"Ahh,got yourself in trouble again? Ah,just like me. No matter how old you get you can never seem to avoid trouble." said Bumi with a laugh. "And who is your friend and your other less conscious friend?"
"This is my nephew and...uhh...a friend of ours." replied Iroh nervously.
"Ah...you know your unconscious friend looks oddly familiar..." said Bumi suspiciously. "Is she a former local of my fair city?"
"You could...say that." replied a weary Iroh.
"Hmmm...You are hiding something important from me aren't you,old friend?"
"...Yes,but I need your total trust and secrecy for this,Bumi. The girl's life depends on it." replied Iroh.
"Have I ever given you anything less than my full trust and confidence?" asked Bumi.
Iroh gave a small chuckle at his foolishness and replied "Nope...not a one."
"So,throw it out there. I know you wouldn't have visited me while "undercover" without an important reason."
"Ok...this girl's name is Xemone...She used to live here when she was a little girl...." Said Iroh.
"and then she went all crazy and murderous and ran rampage on my city,destroying quite a good portion of my city,killing hundreds of people and was quickly banished along with her psycho father...Go on...." said Bumi in a face-paced voice.
Iroh and Zuko looked surprised and stood stunned,staring at Bumi.
"You knew all along?" asked Zuko.
"HE SPEAKS!!!..Ah,yes.I never forget white haired,demonic earthbending children." replied Bumi jokingly.
"Why didn't you say something? Weren't you going to arrest us? After-all,she's banished from the earth kingdom ESPECIALLY that of Omashu."
"You speak as though you wanted to get caught,child." said Bumi with a laugh. "I would never call for an arrest when it would result in the arrest of my troublemaking friend here."
Iroh gave a quick laugh and Bumi continued "Besides,she doesn't look like much of a threat now.If anything it looks like she is the one in trouble."
"Yes,she is...you remember mentioning the "psycho" father of hers?" asked Iroh.
"Yes,yes. That man was whacked out of his mind. The BAD whacked!" replied Bumi.
"We need to find that man and we know you know where he is." said Zuko sternly.
"Zuko, manners. This king has welcomed us into his palace without trouble, be more repectful of your host.I apologize for my nephew, but yes, we know the earth kingdom army has been having contact with Xemnas. His insignia is on some of your soldiers armor." Said Iroh.
"Ah, yes. Well a legion of my troops have been getting fed up with how I run things around here. Saying I'm nothing but a goofball. So they decided to do what they wanted and contacted him for better, demonically enhanced armor. They've been doing it for a couple years now..."
Zuko and Iroh stood confused before the king.
".....What?"
"You mean...you KNOW that they've been breaking the law by employing a banished murderous psychopath's services and you've known for years, but you haven't taken action?" Asked Zuko in a surprised tone.
"Yup." Replied Bumi in a happy voice.
"...What kind of king are you?!"
Bumi laughed.
Zuko sighed and said "Well, do you know where he is?"
"Why, yes. He lives in the woods just a couple miles outside the city walls."
Zuko replied "You even know he LIVES right outside the city!??!"
"Yes."
"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! He is BANISHED!! As in, cannot ever come back! Why are you allowing him to live mere miles away from the city he almost destroyed?!" Asked Zuko in an angry tone.
"Xemnas and Xemone were given their sentences by my council after an outburst from the citizens. They decided to totally banish Xemone from the earth kingdom in it's entirity for her crimes and to banish Xemnas simply from Omashu due to lack of evidence."
Zuko showed his surprised face again and said " You mean he got a much weaker sentence even though he CREATED Xemone?!"
"Correct.But that is speculation, as all his documents and report on the matter were burned to a crisp. He would have easily been handed the death sentence if we had that evidence."
"He must've known that and destroyed all his work to avoid a death sentence so he could complete his plan..." Said Zuko quietly.
"Can you point us in his direction, Bumi?" asked Iroh.
"Sure thing! He lives north east from here just a couple miles, like I said."
Zuko was about to say something potentially insulting to the king yet again, but Iroh covered Zuko's mouth with his hand and said "Thank you for all your help, Bumi."
"No problem! And try to hide that girl better, if she's recognized the citizens could start trouble!" Said Bumi as Iroh and Zuko left.

Zuko and Iroh went back through the gates and the guards shut the doors again behind them.
Zuko and Iroh walked a bit and Zuko said quietly to Iroh "That man is insane. His manner of controlling things around here is incomrehensible."
Iroh replied "He may be unothodox, but he gets the job done and he gets it done well. "
"Whatever you say Uncle...let's just get to this place."
"Whatever you do, be careful. Bumi may be a joker, but Xemnas is not. Stay on your toes."
"Right Uncle."

A while later they approached the house.
"Hmph, this place is seemingly normal-looking for a crazy, demon creating, murderous, psycho." Said Zuko as he saw the house.
"Nevertheless be cautious." Said Iroh as he approached the door.
Iroh knocked on the door, and waited for a reply, followed shortly by Zuko saying "This man doesn't deserve manners, Uncle." He then kicked the door wide open and quickly searched around for the man.
"Where is he?" Asked Zuko.
"Hmmm..." Said Iroh as he looked around. "He was travelling around the last time we saw him...perhaps he is off again."
"Then we're in luck." Said Zuko as he entered the house.
"Don't you mean "out of luck" Zuko?"
"No, I don't. You see I know a man with such pride in his work wouldn't burn it all to ashes and just let it go. He'd have to keep copies or references or something in his new house."
"Ahhh, that is possible." Said Iroh as he joined Zuko in his search. Zuko set Xemone down on Xemnas's couch to search the house.
Zuko and Iroh searched for quite around an hour and came up empty.
Zuko plopped down on the couch besides Xemone and said while out of breath "Ugh, we've searched this entire place and there's not even a trace of anything demonic or supernatural. This makes no sense."
"Perhaps your theory was incorrect, Zuko." Said Iroh.
Zuko sighed and said "He's continuing his work, there has to be something somewhere!"
Zuko got back up and glanced over the house.
"Zuko, we have looked through everything. Where else can we look?" Asked Iroh.
Zuko stomped his foot in frustration and heard a hollow "Thunk".
Zuko looked down and the floor and stomped his foot again, which was followed by the same hollow "thunk".
Zuko lifted up a rug that had covered the floor and noticed a small locked door in the floor.
Zuko smirked and said in response to Iroh's comment "Here"
Zuko tried to kick the lock off, but couldn't.
"What the?" Said Zuko as Iroh more closely examined the lock.
"There is some sort of symbol on the lock...and it has no keyhole." Said Iroh.
"And it can only be unlocked by those who have been infused with demon energy..." Said an ominous voice.
Zuko and Iroh both got a shocked look on their faces as they turned around to see Xemnas at the door.
"Trespassing, huh?" Said Xemnas to Zuko and Iroh as he turned his attention to Xemone.
"Or maybe you just wanted to deliver my precious daughter back to me, so I can end her suffering myself..."
Zuko ran in front of Xemone and said "Fat chance!"
"Hmph...Oh I remember you. You're that brat who disrupted our last battle." Said Xemnas to Zuko. "What? Does my little girl have a boyfriend?"
"We came because we need your assistance." Said Iroh.
Xemnas laughed quietly and said "My assistance? You really don't know who I am do you?"
"Oh, I know full well who you are. and what you are...you're Xemnas and you're a terrible evil man." Said Iroh.
"I am not evil...I'm just out for myself...Which is what everyone is." Replied Xemnas.
"Well, we're not out for ourselves." Said Zuko.
"We're here to help Xemone. Your daughter, and we need you're help to cure her." Said Iroh.
"Why should I?" Asked Xemnas. "She's is merely to become the key to my ultimate conquest. She's a tool to me...nothing more."
"We know you need her to be transformed to absorb her energy, and you can't get her to transform while she's unconscious.
"Hmph...Who says I can't force her to transform?" Said Xemnas.
"What?" Asked Zuko. "Are...Are you serious?"
"Yes...I am always serious. I can force her to transform and take her power whenever I please...." Said Xemnas.
Zuko and Iroh stood in disbelief. Their only trump card just blew up in their faces.
"However...The time is not right...and I cannot execute  decent transformation under unconscious conditions." Said Xemnas.
Zuko smiled and said "I knew it. So you have to help."
"Don't get full of yourself, kid. I will do this purely for my own benefit. If I could leave her like this, I would, Without a doubt, do it, but I can't. She is of no use to me like this....So...what did you do to her?"
"We didn't do anything!" Yelled Zuko.
"Calm yourself Zuko." Said Iroh.
"Zuko?...Hmmm...Facial scar, old man with him, looks like a runaway...You're Prince Zuko of the fire nation aren't you? And you must be the legendary General Iroh..."
"Yes, we are..." Said Iroh.
"What's it to you?" Asked Zuko angrily.
"Nothing, to be honest. I just figured I should know the names of people I will eventually kill." Said Xemnas.
"You scumbag. As if you coul--" Zuko was cut-off as Xemnas smashed his fist into the wall with ease.
"I could end your life before you even realize I'm attacking you, child." Said Xemnas in a grave tone.
Zuko stood in shock before the man as Xemnas removed his fist from the walla and walked over to the door.
He took the lock in his grasp as it glowed red and opened in his hand.
Xemnas opened the door and walked down the stairway that was hidden, beneath the door.Zuko and Iroh stood guard over the door and Xemone to make sure he didn't do anything funny.
"Ya know, each time she transforms and changes back, it takes a major toll on her body. Physically and mentally." Said Xemnas from the room beaneath the floor. "She took it too far this time I presume?"
"Shut up and get what we need." Said Zuko in an annoyed tone.
"Patience is a virtue, child." Said Xemnas as he walked back up the stairs with a sutra in his hand, closed the door and locked it back up again. "This won't be an immediate effect, but she should regain consciousness in a couple hours after this."
"What are you going to do with that? And what is it?" Asked Zuko.
"Calm down. This is one of a set of sutras I made for such an occasion. There's a barrier that she breaks within herself whenever she transforms. Each time she transforms, that barrier gets weaker and could be left "cracked" so to speak, afterwards. Leaving her unconscious. Once I meld this sutra into the seal on her back, it should "seal up the crack" and she should regain consciousness in a while."
"She better..." Said Zuko.
"Hmph." Said Xemnas as he rolled Xemone over onto her stomach and lifted her shirt up to reveal her seal. He slapped the sutra on her back and his hand glowed red, as did Xemone's seal, and the sutra melted into her body and the light disapated.
"There...Happy?" Said Xemnas.
"If she actually wakes up, yes." Said Zuko. Zuko walked over to Xemone and picked her up and walked towards the door with Iroh.
"I hope we never have to see your face again." Said Zuko as they apporoached the door.
"Her life is not going to be very long, ya know..." Said Xemnas.
Zuko and Iroh stopped and turned slightly and Zuko said "Whatever..."
"I mean it...Like I said, everytime she transforms, it takes a bigger and bigger toll on her, physically and mentally. There's only so long she can withstand it...She'll either die a demon at my hand, or die a "human" as her body slowly destroys itself from the inside out and she goes insane....Either way...it'll be fun for me to watch." Chuckled Xemnas.
"You're a psychopath, Xemnas. Twisted and evil." Said Zuko as he turned back around and walked out the door with Iroh.
Xemnas chuckled and said "I'm not different than your father....Prince."

A couple hours later....
Zuko and Iroh walked down a path in the woods, Xemone still asleep on Zuko back.
"Where to now?" Asked Iroh.
"There's an earth kingdom town not too far. We can make it there by nightfall and find a place to rest." Answered Zuko.
Xemone groaned.
"Huh?"  Said Zuko.
Xemone slowly opened her eyes and groggily said "Ughhh....wha--....What happened?"
"She's actually awake!" Said Iroh in surprise. "How are you feeling?"
"My head hurts..I'm starving and I don't understand why Princey here is carrying me." Said Xemone.
Zuko then dropped Xemone.
"OW!!" Yelled Xemone. "What did you do that for!?"
"Just making sure you're breathing." Said Zuko jokingly.
Xemone got an agitated look then got up and said "Of course I'm breathing! Why wouldn't I --*thud*" Xemone then collapsed on the ground in the middle of her sentence.
"Oh! Are you allright, Xemone?" Asked Iroh.
"Ohhh, my body feels like an overcooked noodle...." Said Xemone.
"Sleeping for over a week, with barely any food will do that to you." Said Iroh.
"UghhhhhUHHHHHH!!" Said Xemone as Zuko grabbed her by the arm and put her back on his back.
"We need to move if we're going to get to that town." Said Zuko as he walked off.
"Such a prince..." Said Xemone sarcastically.
"Heh." Laughed Iroh as he followed.
"So...what's been going on?" Asked Xemone. "I mean, what happened to me?"
"It's not important..." Said Zuko.
"Why not?" Asked Xemone.
"Shut up." Said Zuko.

Report Spam   Logged

Mr. Rainbow
この人生が嘘に感染されている。
Warned Members
Resident

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷThomasƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2008, 06:31:02 pm »

That was so good! I loved Xemnas' attitude!
Report Spam   Logged

Courtesy of DT
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2008, 06:34:47 pm »

That was so good! I loved Xemnas' attitude!
Thanks =D
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2008, 04:39:27 pm »

For a change, I'll make a comment.

Pretty cool, though as I don't follow the TV series, I only caught some of the references to characters...
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2008, 06:41:59 pm »

For a change, I'll make a comment.

Pretty cool, though as I don't follow the TV series, I only caught some of the references to characters...
Thanks I guess. o.o
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:11 pm »

Cool chapter, she finnaly woke up. Wonder what happens next.
Report Spam   Logged
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2008, 02:32:31 pm »

She falls unconscious again for another 15 chapters. XD

Kidding. XP

Thanks for the comment. =]
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2008, 02:33:59 pm »

She falls unconscious again for another 15 chapters. XD

Kidding. XP

Thanks for the comment. =]
Lol I didn't see anything after chapters, freaked me out.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum