Aisenfield
April 16, 2024, 04:50:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: And the man in the back said "EVERYONE ATTACK!" and it turned into a ballroom blitz.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pokemon: The Shifter

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon: The Shifter  (Read 4695 times)
Ali
Greenhorn

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2008, 02:49:18 pm »

{OK, I guess it's about time I got Quil out of the mes I left him in.}

Deep in an underground warren, a quilava's twisted nightmares finally gave way to reality.
His eyes tried to focus as they darted across the unfamiliar surroundings, "Wh, where-" his hoarse mumblings were interrupted by something being forced into his mouth. As liquid filled Quil's mouth, he was finally able to focus enough to see who had been in front of him the entire time: A kindly old Miltank.

----------------------

"What is this place?" Quil asked, finally given a chance to voice his questions.
"It's our hideout." The old pokemon answered, "And by 'our' I mean the Healer's guild."
"I've never heard of you before."
"I'm not too surprised anymore. Quite a lot of pokemon don't bother to learn about us these days," she responded, "They're too busy with their own affairs, Hunting, Hiding, Mafia-"
"Mafia?" Quil hadn't expected to hear that word used in regards to pokemon.
"Well, the Black Hats don't have much real power..." the old pokemon commented, "But in any case, there are quite a few of us who have banded together to use our healing techs to help our fellow pokemon."
Quil looked around, seeing a large amount of grass types, some Dustox and Beautifly, and a couple of other pokemon, all using their Aromatherapy, Moonlight, Morningsun, and other moves in assistance of almost every type of pokemon imaginable.

"This hideout is for our protection, as well as that of our patients. Those of us who can fly act as scouts, searching out those who we can help. Of course, it would be dangerous for us if too many others knew where our hideout actually was."
"Especially in an emergency like now." Quil commented.
"Oh, I know. That murderer on the loose, and this shadow plague..."
"Yeah, -wait 'Shadow Plague'?"
"You hadn't heard?" Quil shook his head, "There have been outbreaks of a disease which causes a berserker rage and a darker physical appearance*."
'Sounds like it might be related to the shifter, but on the other hand it could be something completely different.'"Is there a cure?"
"We haven't managed to capture one, and no one else has tried." the old pokemon sighed, "so bloodthirsty..." she continued in a whisper.

Quil had gotten up and was walking towards an earthen ramp. "I need to get back in the action. Do you know where the group fighting the Shifter is?"
"Yes, but you're in no condition to leave!"
"If you're so worried, miss..."
"Milta."
Quil dashed up the ramp, calling back, "Then you can come with me!"

{I hope no-one has a problem with me introducing another large faction.}
{* In case this wasn't obvious, I'm referring to the 'infected' pokemon that Aqua Whiscash first introduced)
Report Spam   Logged
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2008, 06:36:25 pm »

Heya, Ali!  Glad to hear you like the infection idea.  I thought it was cool, too.  BTW, I'm sure Stormblade is okay with you controlling her Pidgeot.

Recover is a handy move, thought Kenta, keeping his eyes on his steel penguin opponent.  That Brine almost took me out!  Terak came at him again, gritting his beak.  "You made a big mistake, healing back there," he said, swinging his flippers and spinning like a top.  "Now I know you can't take many hits."

Frustration, Kenta thought, stepping back.  Watch it . . . the angrier he is, the more power it holds!  Deciding that Teleport was losing its effectiveness in surprising Terak, he kept out of range of Frustration until Terak's whirlwind was finished.  "I've got you now!" Kenta barked, making a surprise charge at the Prinplup.  "Thunderpunch!"

Alarm showed in Terak's eyes, and he darted out of the way as fast as he could.  Kenta clasped his paws together hastily in meditative position.  "An opening!  Psychic!"

It was a bluff?! said Terak's facial expression, and a moment later his eyes glowed the same color as Kenta's as the mental mind crush took him.  Terak waved from side to side, then dropped to the ground, face-first.  Kenta let his breath out slowly, returning from the extreme mental state of Psychic.  "Got him . . . is it over?"

"Bubblebeam!"  Out of Terak's beak shot a jet of bubbles, so powerfully that the force pushed his fallen body backwards along the ground.  The bubbles surrounded Kenta, and though he ducked and weaved around them, a few still hit him.  Whew, he thought, that wasn't so-  Then the bubbles burst, exploding with more force than Kenta had ever experienced with normal bubbles.  The shockwaves were overpowering to his sensitive Kadabra ears, and he dropped to the ground, shaken.  "Awfully fond of your speed, aren't you?" asked Terak, getting up unsteadily.  "You think . . . I'm just going to let you . . . prounce around me like a Clefairy?"

Kenta's blood boiled at the insult.  For a second time, Terak had used Swagger on him, and Kenta came at him furiously, not even thinking about moves anymore.  A sharp Aqua Jet shot from Terak's beak, knocking Kenta back and laying him out on the ground.  "It hurt itself in its confusion," he heard Terak shouting, as he charged Kenta.  "It's the end for you!  Brine!"

Can't Recover quick enough, Kenta thought desperately.  Gotta Teleport!  He vanished from the ground, reappearing behind Terak in the Prinplup's blind spot.  Okay, now I can-

Kenta didn't get to finish his thought.  Suddenly, a second roundabout Frustration swirled into him, beating his body around in circles.  Kenta hadn't noticed until it was too late; the earlier Aqua Jet hadn't been affected by his Reflect.  His armor was gone.  He fell to the ground on his side, sliding a few feet before stopping, and Terak finished his rotation in a kneeling position.  "Bluff," he said, managing a weak smirk.  "I wasn't actually planning on finishing you with one, but you had it coming.  I hate cheap stunts like that.  You need to know how it feels."

Kenta rolled over on his back, letting out his breath slowly.  "I surrender," he said softly, seeing little Torchics dancing around his head.  "I'm too accustomed to team fighting.  You got me."

"Special attacks?" called Levian, whirling in a barrel roll around Shelly's mind bullets.  "I train around a Kadabra all the time.  You can't beat me with those!"

Actually, just about anything will do me in . . . I could really use a Light Screen right about now!

Levian swept low to the ground, preparing to hit Shelly with an Aerial Ace.  However, she suddenly came head-to-head at him with a Quick Attack, smashing him backwards and sending him reeling over and over most ungracefully.  He got to his feet unsteadily, surprised that Shelly had thought to do something like that.  A Quick Attack . . . the only thing capable of beating my speed.  Good thing it doesn't do much damage.  He took to the air again and shot down at Shelly from the back.  "One more time!  Aerial Ace!"  This time, before the Umbreon could dodge, he rammed the back of her head with his beak at full force.  For some reason, however, his attack didn't seem solid, almost as if the Umbreon's skin was made of elastic material.  As he flipped away, her eyes narrowed at him, and he felt a mind-crushing sensation as though his head were splitting.  She'd managed a Psychic upon him after all.  It didn't hurt nearly as much as Kenta's did, but then again, Shelly wasn't a psychic pokemon.

We don't seem to be getting anywhere, he thought, landing in front of the Umbreon and puffing his body to full size once more.  Her attacks are weakened from Intimidate and type mismatching.  My attacks simply can't handle her defensive power.  I'm gonna need to resort to . . . that strategy . . .

Shelly bared her teeth at him, then opened her mouth suddenly with a blast of noise.  The Screech attack blew Levian's feather's back, shaking him up and ruining his intimidation posture.  He narrowed his eyes, feeling suddenly much more vulnerable.  That's okay.  I can deal with that.

Again Shelly came at him, and he didn't even attempt to move now.  Her jaws clamped together down on his back, and her Bite sent a burst of pain through his whole body.  Shelly looked as though she couldn't believe her attack had actually worked, and backed away slowly from Levian in horror.  "Oh . . . oh, no.  I-"

"We're almost finished!"  Gritting and bearing the ache, Levian let his wings shoot out, and he came at Shelly with a speed unmatched by any of his previous ones.  "Here it comes!  Endeavor!"

The force of the impact shook his senses, but he landed in front of Shelly with his coordination still intact.  He'd really done it this time.  The Umbreon looked seriously weaker than before, standing on visibly shaking legs with her head hunched over.  The two of them were at the exact same level of health.

And now I half-ass on out of here.  *Gives an Uwe Boll thumbs-up upon leaving*
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.
Kageito
Number XV - The Howling Symphony
Resident

Forever a WoWfag

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2008, 01:45:51 am »

Am I okay with that? Let's see... okay Azn
-----

Shelly's breathing came rapidly, sending cold air rushing through her lungs. It wasn't possible to keep it up like this, but she had to press on. Levian's defence had been weakened by her Screech attack, so it could be possible to finish him off with one physical attack. Setting a trembling step forward, she gathered her energy for a combined attack. Maybe she could pull off another Quick Attack. Taking in a last deep breath, she leaned back before heading for Levian. She was almost there when she faltered, the power draining from her legs and crashing into the ground.

"Shelly!" Morgan tried to stand up and get to his little sister but Storm firmly placed a paw on his shoulder, preventing him from standing up.

"She's gotta do this on her own now. She's not a little kid any more," she said forcibly.
----
Now I'm gonna haul my own ass outta here and go write sum posts for meh RP XD
Report Spam   Logged

I claim LotR, the Wheel of Time and WoW, Absol, Banette and Arcanine, Blaze the Cat, the Hookshot and Ocarina of Time from LoZ and The Lion King.

I hope to be more active on the RP front, guys, especially now that Crimson's back. :T
Hit me up for a talk if you've missed me or something crazy like that. And I might open an art thread once I get my tablet.
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2008, 09:17:13 pm »

Sorry for my delay, though I do have an excuse: I was busy practicing and getting myself mentally psyched for my first open mic session. Yep, Terak plays music; Terak plays electric guitar. Anyway, I played my couple of songs this evening, so I can once again turn my focus back to this RPG.

Fueled with the great satisfaction from his victory, Terak devoured his Sitrus berries and turned to face Clyde readily. Clyde looked ambiguous, folding his arms and shrugging.

"All right, if you're sure. This could be quick, though."

"Are you serious?" Terak laughed as he took his position. "Oh, okay, I see; big grass-type's feeling confident with his elemental advantage, huh?"

"Elemental advantage?" Clyde blinked, and then snickered. "If that's why you think I'm saying that, you're in for a rough awakening, kid. On three?"

"Sure. And if I beat you, you'll stop calling me 'kid'."

"Whatever you say. One . . ."

"Two . . ."

On "Three!", Terak charged forward, though carefully maintaining a safe distance. He knew he was at a disadvantage, and that he couldn't play his usual defensive role against Clyde; grass-type pokémon were known for their crippling techniques. Terak didn't plan to lose though; he had tricks of his own. Wanting to get closer, he knew he'd have to find cover, and quickly breathed out a thick icy cloud of Mist that shrouded him. When he sensed no attacks coming his way, he knew Clyde had to be preparing something. His accuracy would be inhibited by the atmosphere, though, while Terak knew he didn't even need to be able to see. Even now, he could smell the scent of Clyde's flower, and simply had to follow that.

"Hiding are we, kid? Magical Leaf!"

Oh hell! thought Terak, before a spray of glowing red and violet leaves came whistling his way through the fog. It was sort of like the rock barrage that Kenta had sent at him, only these were smaller, and seemed magnetized to his position. He instinctively raised his hard wings and deflected the homing barrage, wincing every time he got clipped, but refusing to step back. Charging through to the source of the scent, he ignored the pain and closed in on his target.

"You'll regret that, Clyde! Drill Storm!"

He rushed the rose pokémon with his wings swinging in a style he had trained with specifically for fighting grass-type opponents; a fast corkscrewing barrage of thrusts. Clyde twisted and dodged, extending thorny vines from his wrists to parry, but it wasn't enough. Terak soon felt the satisfying "whack!" as he hit Clyde dead in the chest, and the impact send him reeling back.

Yes! he thought. It worked! But . . . wait . . .

The air had suddenly grown heavier. All at once, his head felt thick and weighed down, and he slumped forward, fighting to stay on his feet. Through his dull senses he could still feel panic. "What . . . what did you . . ."

"Sleep Powder," came Clyde's voice through the mist. He became visible, and gave a small grunt of pain as he felt his chest gingerly. "Thought I'd wait and see what you could do before using it on you. That drill attack hurt pretty bad, but you still fell for my Sweet Scent. Then again, everyone does. You ready to call it quits?"

Terak twitched furiously, fighting with all his strength to clear his head. "You . . . wish . . ." he mumbled.

Clyde sighed. He took a step closer, and then held his arms ahead. "If you say so. Giga Drain."

Immediately, an unbelievably sickening feeling hit Terak right in the stomach, and he felt like he was going to throw up. The strength was being leeched from his body, right to the air in his lungs, and yet he found he was helpless to resist. No, I can't go down! I won't give up, I just need to get close enough to hammer Clyde with one more attack . . . even a Frustration will finish him. Don't stop, keep moving . . . don't slow down, don't close your eyes . . .

"Hey, kid. Come on, wake up."

Terak opened his eyes groggily. The first thing he saw was Clyde standing over him, slapping him a few times on the cheek. The Roserade rolled his eyes. "Happy now? If it weren't for Sleep Powder, were you going to make me break both your fins and your legs before you finally gave in? Now eat this."

The Prinplup grudgingly accepted a Sitrus berry and dug his beak into it, and when he swallowed, a pleasant and invigorating sensation filled his body as the juices traveled through. Standing up, he concealed a grimace when his head ached severely from the blood rushing down to his feet. He stubbornly stayed upright, though.

"Oh, shut it," he grumbled. No other comebacks came to him, however, and he walked away, wanting to nurse his pride in solitude.

Drill Storm isn't a new move; it's just Drill Peck with a different name and appearance. It just doesn't make sense that a Prinplup would use its beak to attack when it has wings that "deliver wicked blows that snap even the thickest of trees" according to the Pokédex. Drill Peck is for Fearow, or Zapdos, or Dodrio.
Report Spam   Logged
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2008, 08:09:38 pm »

Guitarist, eh?  I'm trying to become one, but I literally just started a couple weeks ago.  How do you manage to pluck one cord without strumming the others by accident?  It's extremely frustrating.

Seeing Shelly fall, Levian flashed his weary wings out, dive-bombing at her.  An opening! he thought, making a last flap that would give him the speed boost he needed.  Just then, a shock traveled through his body, and he dropped to the ground and skidded within two feet of Shelly's muzzle.  Looking up, unable to move, Levian winced in pain.  "What . . . what was-?"  He twisted his head around as best he could.  His back was bleeding slightly.  She got at my nervous system . . . of course.  Bite's flinch effect.  It must've been a delayed reaction.

They lay there, almost nose-to-nose, looking at each other but not moving.  Shelly finally opened her mouth.  "I can't move," she slurred.  Levian made an effort to pick himself up, but his wings felt too heavy.  "Neither can I.  This is very awkward."

"Looks like a draw."

"Come now, that's not the right atti . . . atti . . ."  Levian's vision hazed.  "Woah . . . I feel kinda dizzy."

"'Ere.  Sitrus Berry."  Levian saw the berry put before his mouth.  "Thanks," he muttered, chewing down.  Almost instantaneously, his health returned, and he looked up at the provider.  A black crow pokemon smiled haughtily down at him, and Levian jumped to his feet in a flash.  "You guys!" he said, as the whole flock of Black Hats descended down upon the ground.  "Where have you been??"

"We was 'ere de whole time," said the one called Phillip.  "You's got eyes, right?"

"Tsk . . ."  Levian watched Shelly get up after munching her own berry, and feeling certain she was okay, looked back at the hired mobsters.  "Okay.  You guys, gather around, the Black Hats are here."

"Any news?" asked Kenta, using Recover even as he came together with the rest of the band.  "Some," answered Phillip.  "De boss told us to keep our distance from anytin' with fangs or de move Bite.  We reccomend you's do the same."

"But . . . wait, why would he tell you that?" asked Kenta, subconsciously touching his own sharp teeth with his tongue.  Phillip shrugged.  "We don' know nuttin'.  Just don' get bit."

"Oh . . . kay.  Any unusual sightings?"

"Ey!  Shifta don' wanna get found, 'e won' get found.  We's got a cold trail."

Kenta thought for a moment, with his arms crossed.  "Wait a minute . . ."  He looked up from his thoughts.  "The pokemon killed by the Shifter, they might be able to help!"

"Uh . . ."  Morgan looked at Kenta skeptically.  "How, pray tell?  They're DEAD."

"Yeah, but certain ghost pokemon have access to different dimensions, like Haunter.  They may be able to reach a realm where the spirits can talk to us."

Levian looked at Kenta in wonder.  "Where did this come from?  One minute we're talking about the Shifter, and the next, it's Haunters and spirit realms.  Where would we even start with something like that?"

"We 'ad a diff'rent idea," said one of the Murkrow.  "We's got certain contacts who still . . . heh, heh, heh . . . owe us a favor or two.  Dey keeps sayin' we's gonna get our pearls, and we neva get our pearls.  Anyway, dey can yet come in 'andy."

"Pearls?" asked Clyde.  "Are you talking about . . . Shellders?"

"Cloysters," said Phillip.  "Freaks, really.  Dey's got transparent shells."  He laughed.  "It'll actually come in 'andy this time, though.  See, we's remembered dat bubblin' water from yesterday at South Summit.  Per'aps it's time to do a lil' searchin."

Storm perked up.  "Wait a second . . . are you suggesting we ride inside these Cloysters?  Underwater?"

"None of you's can swim."

Terak cleared his throat loudly.  Phillip didn't bother to correct himself, but simply smiled smugly.  Kenta simply stared at the Murkrow.  "You . . . you think we should explore underwater caverns . . . in Cloysters.  You can't be serious."

He's serious.
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.
Kageito
Number XV - The Howling Symphony
Resident

Forever a WoWfag

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2008, 01:37:53 am »

Morgan growled lowly at the comment of the Murkrow named Phillip. "I'm perfectly fine in swimming for myself, thank you," he said slowly.

"Oh shut it, Morgan," Storm whispered. "We can use any help there is, even though I don't like the prospect of having to travel inside someone." The Luxray sighed. Her sensitive ears had caught a roar, a too familiar roar, from far away.

"I think it might be smart to move on then," she commented, not wanting to get any closer to her pride than she already was. She moved over to the little Umbreon and helped her up.
"Hey, you did good. I think you're well prepared."

"But it ended in a draw!" Shelly said.

"Doesn't matter. You've tried, and that's what counts. There might be possibly another encounter with a Shifter, so get ready for that... and a bumpy ride in a Cloyster," Storm added. Shelly laughed at this.

"Will do," she snickered, and they went over to face the others and discuss what they should be doing at the moment. Phillip didn't seem to keen in releasing too much information.

"You's will see dat when we's are dere," he said with a glint in his eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

I claim LotR, the Wheel of Time and WoW, Absol, Banette and Arcanine, Blaze the Cat, the Hookshot and Ocarina of Time from LoZ and The Lion King.

I hope to be more active on the RP front, guys, especially now that Crimson's back. :T
Hit me up for a talk if you've missed me or something crazy like that. And I might open an art thread once I get my tablet.
Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2008, 02:34:58 pm »

Ali? Whiscash? Sora?

It was a long and silent ride for the disgruntled heptad as they were hauled over land by their Murkrow transporters. Shelly and Kenta's faces both remained utterly blank. Clyde looked repulsed. Morgan chose to conceal whatever he was feeling, keeping his eyes closed. Terak, the natural swimmer, was both perplexed and amused. Levian looked sick. Storm, the largest of the group, had her eyes closed like Morgan's, though they were clamped shut.

They touched down at South Summit, though this time on a small beach that accompanied the high rocky carapace. Now waiting on the sand that overlooked the high tide with the massive jagged cliffs behind them, they watched the water apprehensively. At first, nobody else was around, but then Phillip cawed out, "Ey! Wiley! Bizness time!"

The water remained unchanged. After waiting a moment, Phillip impatiently grabbed a stone in his talon and thrust it into the water. "Ey! When Black Hats says come out, you's s'posed to jump!"

The stone landed with a small plop, and the small ripples it made were sprayed aside as a large spiky figure emerged in the next small wave. Despite being informed in advance, many of the group couldn't help but stare. It was a Cloyster, with one major differing trait - its small black interior could be clearly seen through its glass-like armor, which would have probably been glistening from the salty wet had it been less cloudy that day. The large oyster, apparently named Wiley, opened his shell, which Terak assumed was only necessary to speak. He wondered how the Murkrow, regardless of their numbers, could boss around something so tough looking.

"Sorry," Wiley said. "Hard to hear under waves. Murkrow voices not strong."

Clearly, these Cloysters didn't speak much, or they just never bothered to fully learn. Phillip waved a wing impatiently. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Youse just 'member what sida de deal you's is on."

Oblivious to the threat, Wiley turned and looked at the rest of the group. He didn't seem capable of showing very much expression as he studied them. "This whole group? Not much. Easy mission."

"Glad you t'ink so. Now about d' big cat, who's you got dat can carry 'er?"

Storm growled angrily at the comment. Wiley examined her, and then laughed. "Big cat? Cat not big at all. Big Dan have no problem with that."

"Big Dan?" Levian said in an undertone.

Phillip nodded to Wiley, and he turned and disappeared under the water's surface. When he returned, a small company of fellow Cloyster came with him. Like Wiley, they all had equally transparent shells that showed their inner, round black bodies, but the one that stood out immediately was a giant Cloyster that was nearly double the size of Wiley himself. The party observed with wide eyes - this could be none other than Big Dan.

"Just one question," Storm said suddenly, turning to Phillip. "Cloyster shells are air-tight . . . right?"

"I guess we's will find dat out," Phillip cackled, with a clear smirk on his face. "On wid de bizness, den! Try not to drown down dere - you's is only clients while you's is alive, after all."

If I remember correctly, Rick had a transparent Cloyster in your old fanfic on the Pokémon Tower, didn't he, Kenta?

Clearly, these Cloysters didn't speak much
Tee. I punned. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ali
Greenhorn

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2008, 05:33:15 pm »

{Sorry, I've had a bit of trouble figuring out how to add my characters to the group effort. But I guess it's now or never.}

"We've finally found them."
Unknown to the main group and Black Hats, they were being watched from the undergrowth by two would-be allies.
"Why are we hiding from them?" Milta whispered, despite the fact that she belied her appearance by being the stealthier of the two.
"I don't trust the Black Hats," Quil whispered back, "Although, I should probably reveal myself to them. Strike that, I need to. If they leave us behind now-"

Quil strode into the open. "So, I've finally caught up to you."
"Ey," Phillip growled, "Who's let this guy get in unannounced?"
Quil ignored the head Honchcrow and looked at the others.
Levian was the first to place the newcomer, "You'd be.. Quil?"
"Sorry, but we don't have time to talk out here," Storm interrupted, "Fill us in once we finish our underwater travels."
"Just a minute," Terak broke in suspiciously, "How do we trust this guy who comes out of nowhere?"
"(Blazing idiot) I'll vouch for him." Milta stood up to defend her patient.

"It ain't like the shifters ta traval in pairs," Phillip noted, "But if dis guy goes wid yous, the cow stays here. Not like Dan can carry a cat and cow at once..."

{My brooklyn accents are terrible.  Undecided}
Report Spam   Logged
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2008, 07:50:00 pm »

Terak: You actually READ that crap?!  *Thinks for a second*  Oh yeah, you did.  You told me back in Crater.  Anyway, that's indeed where I recycled the idea from.

Ali: Actually, Phillip's a spokeman Murkrow.  Black Tony's the only Hochkrow of the gang, and he's not present.  Sorry, I probably should've specified.

Kenta and Levian looked at one another for a moment.  Levian tilted his head.  "(The Black Hats failed to notice a six-hundred-pound cow and a pokemon glowing with flames?)"

"(Hey, we did.)"

"(Well, we're not a trained mercenary mafia force.  I think Phil's humoring him.)"  Levian cut off his conversation and bird-hopped up to Phillip.  "This guy should be another client.  Elder Malloy told us that he recently got into a fight with one of the Shifter entities."

The surrounding Murkrow cackled.  Quil looked around at them.  "What's so funny?"

"A fire fer'ret un'nerwater.  Dat's a first," snickered Phillip.  Clyde shrugged.  "It should be fine as long as the Cloyster shells don't leak," he said.  "Perhaps a test run is in order.  Volunteers?"

Nobody raised their paws.  After a couple of seconds, however, Kenta spoke up, talking to the water just off the sandy bank.  "Alright, Kris . . . I'll go."  Out in the water, the Milotic with no ripples around her body smiled in approval.  Levian rolled his eyes as Kenta timidly walked up to the closest Cloyster.  "Uh," Kenta muttered, standing just outside the shell.  "You . . . uh . . . I'm gonna be in your personal space-"

"Get in."

"Oh-kay."  Kenta clambered into the shell, and from Levian's perspective, it seemed as though he actually had room to spare.  It wasn't cramped in the least, as he'd expected it to be.  The shell clamped shut with Kenta sitting flatly inside, and the Cloyster dove underwater.  For a few seconds, the sea was calm, then Kenta's Cloyster re-emerged as close to the sand as possible.  The shell opened, and Kenta stumbled out and hurried up to the beach.  Terak, who was closest to him, looked at him expectantly.  "Well?"

"Our time will be limited," Kenta said, a bit out of breath.  "The shells do leak a little bit . . . I'd say they'd fill all the way in two hours.  But that's not the problem.  We won't have long to breathe in there, only about ten minutes."

"What?!" burst Shelly.  "That's not enough time to do anything!  How are we going to expect this to work?"

"Little bits at a time," said Clyde.  "You know, I'm a Grass-type, so I breathe in carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen.  I should probably go with someone who has to breathe heavily."  Storm and Milta looked up expectantly.  Kenta, however, motioned at Quil.  "I think it's going to need to be him.  As a Quilava, naturally he'll need more oxygen or his flames will die out, as will he.  I know," he said to skeptical looks, "I just volunteered a fire pokemon to travel with a grass one.  But it's the only way."

"Why do we even need Quil?" asked Morgan.  "He'll be even worse off underwater than Levian."

"Because it's dark down there.  Quil can serve as one of the light beacons," said Terak, shrugging.  "I don't like relying on other people, but I've never been that far down before.  We'll need all the light we can get."

"Okay."  Levian winged to the Cloyster fleet in the bay and motioned the group over with his wing.  "We need to get searching.  If it's okay with everyone, let's try to keep a formation while we're down there.  The cow-"

"Milta."

"Milta had better stay here.  Storm and Big Dan should take the front, where Storm can use Flash to light up the place.  Quil and Clyde ought to be next to them, so we'll have lighting on both sides.  The rest of us should follow in close suit."  He turned around to look at the Cloysters.  "You guys hear that?"

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Uh-huh."

"Alright.  Let's- what, Clyde?"

Clyde cleared his throat.  "We won't be able to communicate with words, down there," he said.  "I suggest we use flashing as a signal.  Like, one big flash means 'danger' or 'alert', two flashes mean 'time to surface', and three flashes mean 'we found something.'  What do you think?"

"Oh.  Okay, that's good."  Levian looked back at the group.  "Then let's get in.  Who's going with who, other than Storm, Quil, and Clyde?"

"I can swim," Terak reminded them.  I'm not getting in one."

Kenta climbed into his orignal Cloyster.  "Coming with me, Chatox?" he called to a small sand bank on the shore.  He stared at it for a moment, then looked away.  "Fine.  I don't want you anyway, by the way you're acting."

The rest of the crew boarded the other Cloysters, and Phillip watched from the shore.  "We's gonna circle around you," he said, opening his wings in preparation to fly.  "You's find de spot, we's gonna mark it out."

"Thanks."  Levian bird-hopped into one of the smaller Cloysters.  "Okay then, prepare to Dive . . ."
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2008, 06:35:09 pm »

Gee, I liked that story. > >

Sorry for the wait. It looks like we left Stormblade in a tough spot.

The ocean; what a wonderful feeling it was for Terak to be back. While some looked apprehensive about braving the waters' depths and others gave small shivers from the chilling ocean breeze, the Prinplup was right at home here. The cold was nothing compared to that of the winter seas up in his home at North Shore. The others feared drowning; he, on the other hand, could hold his breath for over half an hour easily. And the Cloysters made decent submarines, yes, but they were still slow. Terak's body was streamlined for swift underwater travel, and he could direct himself wherever he wished to go with the slightest twitch of a fin. This sense of familiarity and control left him feeling far superior to his comrades, and he greatly enjoyed the warm, proud glow in his chest.

Unfortunately, however adept he was at underwater travel meant nothing if no one else could keep up. His first several minutes were spent jetting through the currents, but it wasn't long before his haughty pleasure descended into boredom. The underwater scenery was nothing special - no more than rocks and sand. The few small fish that resided in the near vicinity were quickly snapped down his gullet, leaving an unsatisfied hunter forced to find something else to preoccupy himself with. He already suspected where the cave entrance was, too; he had seen a cluster of bubbles gurgling out from a collection of boulders further below, though he had quickly left to report his find to the rest of the group in his interest to find out whether or not they were ready.

"I think we've all got the hang of it now," Kenta told him. "We just wanted to make sure Clyde and Quil would be able to make the trip together, and it looks like Clyde can take Quil's heat. Storm blinded herself when her Flash reflected off of some condensation inside Big Dan when we tested the warning plan, though, so we're giving her a chance to recover."

Slightly disappointed by the unproductive news update, Terak dully returned to the sea. He was tired of floundering around, when he knew where their destination was. It wasn't even that far down, either, so it wasn't like he'd be blind down there like in Justus's cave . . . certainly not around the entrance, anyway. Impulsively, he returned to the spot above the boulders, and a clump of bubbles rose up and pushed against his face. This time his eyes landed on the real target; a small chasm tucked neatly between two of the rocks. Curiosity began to tease him, and he swam closer, debating. A quick look wouldn't hurt, would it? The group was still getting ready, and he would still need to wait for those bumbling shell pokémon to make it over here. What if they finally got down there, only to realize it was the wrong cave? There might only be a dead end, after all, he told himself, as he crept down nearer, craning his neck.

In his inquisitiveness, he never realized the small set of glowing yellow eyes that was watching him from next to one of the boulders. And even if he did, in his arrogant impatience, he still wouldn't have recognized it as the tail of a Huntail, or noticed the large blue head of the sea creature that lay waiting for him to come closer. Only when the predator finally lunged did he see its gaping mouth for a fraction of a second. While there was a quick scuffle, no signs of it were strong enough to reach the surface. Just a few more bubbles, and a few drops of blood.

Well . . . why not?
Report Spam   Logged
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2008, 05:43:32 pm »

Pacing back and forth, Levian looked out on the water from the shoreline.  "Where is  he?" came Shelly's voice, saying out loud what everyone was wondering.  "That Terak, he's been gone for what, fifteen minutes now?"

"Just when we were finally getting the hang of this stuff," muttered Storm.  "Alright.  Well, knowing him, he's probably waiting for us down there."

"He shouldn't be too much longer," said Clyde calmly.  "The last time he surfaced for air was a while ago.  He'll need to breathe soon."

"I can't wait that long," said Quil tensely, from where he was sitting in his Cloyster.  "I'm gettin' real nervous, real fast.  I don't know if I want to go through with this anymore."

"Cold feet," muttered Kenta to Levian.  "It'd better be now or never."  The Staravia nodded.  "Guys, we're going down.  Storm, keep Flash to a dim glow for now.  Brighten it up as you get more used to your own light."

"Got it."

"Alright then."  Kenta hopped into his own Cloyster and gave the thumbs-up.  "Down we go."  His teammates nodded.  A translucent shell clamped around him, distorting the outside world somewhat, but retaining its visibility.  The next thing he knew, Cloyster was diving him under, and they fell into line behind the two front Cloyster.  Having nobody but his own captain to speak to now, Kenta turned to the black head behind him.  "Hey there.  We're looking for a source of bubbles, but also for an impatient-looking Prinplup.  Keep your eyes out for it, okay?"

"Yes."

"Okay."  The water was rapidly getting darker, and visibility soon came solely from the twin beams ahead, of Quil and Storm's units.  Soon, the other Cloyster were all turned towards Big Dan and Quil and Clyde's Cloyster for direction.  The scenery was steadily becoming more eerie.  Anything that appeared, appeared suddenly.  A couple of times, a Kingler claw loomed dauntingly in the beam, and Kenta jumped in shock.  Then it was gone, as soon as it had come.  Feeling suddenly lightheaded, he leaned over.  "Whew . . . I think we're running low on oxygen."

"Hold out."

"Alright, but only for a little- HOLY CRAP!"  Out of the darkness, a great white mouth suddenly loomed, big enough to swallow Kenta whole, if not for his Cloyster companion.  Storm's light sputtered out for a second from Big Dan, then came back on slowly.  Apparently, it had shocked her too.  The Cloyster pack, however, didn't seem intimidated.  Kenta looked closer, and he quickly realized they were going through a skeleton.  "It's an underwater boneyard," he muttered to himself.  "A Gyarados graveyard.  I had no idea they were like this."

"Not like this," boomed his Cloyster.  "Usually deep ocean."

"What?!"  Kenta spun around, then reeled over as his lightheadedness got to him again.  "They die in the deep ocean?  Then why are there so many skeletons here?"

"Unsure."

"They're not fresh, are they?  These things must've been here for a while."  Kenta shook his head.  "Sheesh, this is really hurting now.  We need to surface soon and consult this.  I hope Terak's okay."
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2008, 10:12:07 pm »

What do you know, a Dawn/Dusk moment. I'm guessing people are clueless as to what they should be writing. This probably isn't what's been holding you back, guys, but really, don't be afraid to improvise and make something up in order to have a theme for your post. Even if you don't know if your idea will work, we'll find ways to make it work. That's one of the things that separates roleplaying from novel writing. There's no pressure; feel comfortable when you write! Smiley

Twisting and thrashing through a dark and submerged passageway, Terak's mind raced and wreathed. On the one hand, his senses were naturally wrought with fear and confusion; he had, after all, been snatched by a hidden predator with about a fraction of a second for a warning, and was now being towed by the ankle into its underwater home where he was sure to meet a grisly fate. But these thoughts all played muffled in the back of his head; more importantly, he was positively raging from the humiliation of his position. He had fallen fool for a Huntail's -- a stupid Huntail's -- stealth tactics, and was being carried along like some hunting prize! Oh, the disgrace. If anyone at North Shore ever learned of this, he would never look at the ocean again.

If, of course, he survived.

Again, he persistently attempted more dogged slashes against his captor's long serpentine body, but his fin blades only scraped against steel-hard scales. Of course. Huntails had immensely powerful bodies that were designed for withstanding the incredible pressure of the deep seas, so a desperate Prinplup's Metal Claws were a joke in comparison. Cursing in his head, Terak continued to bully his brain in order to think up a feasible escape plan. Okay. Clearly, he had made a dumb mistake, and now he was being punished for it with a test. If he didn't pass it, he would simply drown like a fool. Like hell, he thought. If he was going to be bested by one measly sea serpent, then he deserved to die.

There wasn't a whole lot he had to work with, though, since he was just about blind in this tunnel. More than that, though, his air supply was draining steadily by the minute. If he wanted to get out of this mess, he'd have to make sure he didn't drown before he got his chance, first.

Just thought I'd let you know, I don't know where I'm going with this. I'll think something up before my next post, though.
Report Spam   Logged
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2008, 08:16:15 pm »

Hmm.  I suppose this is actually my fault.  When I do stuff like this . . .
Kenta and Levian looked at one another for a moment.  Levian tilted his head.  "(The Black Hats failed to notice a six-hundred-pound cow and a pokemon glowing with flames?)"

"(Hey, we did.)"

"(Well, we're not a trained mercenary mafia force.  I think Phil's humoring him.)"
I dishearten people, I think.  I promise to cut that out in the future.  Please pardon my rudeness.

The Cloyster fleet surfaced soon after a little more expedition.  When the shell opened and a hiss of air rushed in, Kenta poked his head and gasped for breath.  "Whew!" he breathed, hitting his chest.  "That felt good . . . geez, my head hurts."

"Levian!"

Kenta turned his head.  Clyde was waving his flamboyant arms rapidly to the Staravia, who was just emerging out of his shell.  "Quil and I just spotted something very disturbing!  Get the Black Hats' attention immediately!  Everyone else, to the shore NOW!"

Levian didn't ask questions, and was off in a second.  Kenta barely managed to duck his head in time as the shell slammed shut around him again, and his Cloyster submerged.  As they fell into line with the others headed for shore, Kenta noticed a small movement from below.  He looked down into the depths of the water, then immediately dropped to his knees and banged the bottom of the shell with his Kadabra knuckles.  "Captain!  Down there, look!  There's a pokemon floating up towards us . . . is that Terak?"

"A Prinplup."

"That IS Terak!  Wait . . . why isn't he swimming?  He looks like he's floating limply.  What-?"  Kenta's words caught in his throat as a great, dark shadow suddenly appeared beneath Terak's limp form.  An explosion of bubbles erupted up from it, catching Kenta's Cloyster in their ascent.  The size of the bubbles sent a chill down Kenta's spine.  Some of them were bigger than he was.  What had just exhaled them?

"It's hot."

"Yeah, it is.  What was that thing?  Oh . . . crap, we need to get Terak!  I think he's hurt!"

"Too dangerous."

"You've got a hard shell.  Let's just go pick him up, it'll take only a few seconds."

Almost as soon as the other Cloysters had beached, Levian bolted down from the sky and made a crash-landing in the midst of his companions.  He got up, looking both pained and frightened out of his mind.  "What?" asked Quil anxiously.  "What happened?"

"The Black Hats!  They saw a gigantic shadow in the water.  It was bigger than a Wailord!  Those bubbles we saw yesterday, they must've come from a sea monster of some sort!"

"We've been swimming around down there this whole time with a sea monster on the loose?!" yelped Shelly.  "What if we'd encountered it??  What if it was the thing eating all those Gyarados?!"

"Are we all here?" demanded Storm.  "Quick!  Head count! . . . . where's Morgan?  Oh, there you are . . . is that everyone?  No.  Terak's still out there."

"Kenta, where's Kenta?!"

"He's not here?  He was right behind us!"

Big Dan shifted down a little deeper into the water.  "I send Supersonic," he said.  "Tell brother of danger."

Levian looked at him.  "You can communicate through Supersonic?  Why didn't we use that before?"

"May confuse passengers."  Big Dan disappeared underwater.  The next moment, it rippled and vibrated, visibly indicating a signal had been sent.  Quil looked timidly at the sea.  "What if they don't come back?"

"We return for them of course," said Clyde edgily.  "But we don't use lights around the sea monster."

"Terak?  Terak."

"Ughhh . . ."  Terak opened his eyes.  The face of a fox and a black head looked down at him.  He felt water below him, but breathed air above.  "Where . . . are we?"

"Inside Captain's shell.  That's what I call him.  We grabbed you underwater.  It let a little bit in, but we should be okay."

Terak came to life almost immediately, snatching Kenta by his shoulders.  "We're not okay!" he barked.  "I was attacked by a . . . pokemon . . . that got eaten at the last second by something huge!  It's here, with us, right now!"

"A colossus.  Yeah, we found out about that."  Kenta nodded to the Cloyster's head.  "Take us to shore, Cap'n."  He turned back to Terak.  "Don't worry, we-"  He stopped, Terak had a look of horror that he'd never seen before, on his face.  Turning to see what he was looking at, Kenta only got a glimpse of a gaping mouth closing in around them before they were swallowed whole.
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2008, 09:19:19 pm »

I've come to realize more than ever how pace is such a crucial factor in an RPG. No matter, now's as good a time as any to get back into the heat of things. By the way, nice work there, Kenta. It's those kinds of new ideas that keep the RPG fresh.

Hi, Nessie. No hard feelings about last time, r-right?

After all went black, everything unfolded in a blur. There was the horrific moment where the noise of the muscular tunnel rumbled in their ears as they were forced down, then bubbles, and then . . . silence. No sound was audible other than their own ragged breaths.

"W-wha . . . we . . . t-t-that . . . w-we . . ."

Terak weakly tried to say something, but could not. It was impossible to think; his mind was a mess. His insides felt cold. His eyes were glazed. It was a nightmare turned real: they were trapped inside a monster's stomach. They were going to die.

"Kenta . . ."

A voice cut through the gloom and made them jump. With his senses so frazzled, Terak couldn't even think of who it might belong to.

"Kenta, is that you? I pray that it isn't."

The surprised cry was the first indication of his own presence that Kenta finally gave. Terak could feel the Kadabra twisting and looking wildly around their prison, despite how blind they were. He didn't know what could be more alarming to his comrade than their current predicament, until the psychic pokémon actually spoke.

". . . E-Elder Justus?" he whispered in disbelief.

Terak was stunned. The clear and bodiless voice, however, returned with a sadness in its tone.

"Yes."

"Justus, what are you doing here?!"

"I'm sorry, Kenta, but it would take too long to answer that question, as it will only be a few moments before your Cloyster's shell begins to fill with digestive acids. You must listen carefully."

Already, the horrible reek of the corrosive stomach fluid outside their protective barrier was practically choking them. Trying to ignore the sinking feeling in the back of their minds, both young pokémon waited uneasily.

"First of all, I am indeed where you think I am. However, I will tell you now that I am in no immediate danger." The Xatu's voice then grew serious. "Kenta."

"Y-yeah."

"I want you to focus yourself. You've never teleported with more than one other person at a time, but you will have to make an exception if you wish to save your Cloyster friend as well. Don't worry; I'm going to send you some of my own energy to help you do this. Do you understand?"

"Justus, I'm . . . not sure if-"

"You can do it. Don't worry."

"Wait!" cut in Terak. "Elder! Why haven't you teleported yourself out of here yet?"

The voice of Justus was kind as it responded. "As things are, young Prinplup . . . I believe it is in fact safer that I stay where I am for the time being."

"But-"

"Please. The answers you need you will find in my cave, I assure you."

"We were already there! The Shifter, he-"

"He will not have found them. I'm sorry that I cannot be of more service, but we're out of time. Kenta, focus your thoughts on the beach and prepare to teleport. On three, two, one . . ."

EDIT: I should point out that starting Wednesday, I won't be available to post until around Sunday, since we're having guests.
Report Spam   Logged
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2008, 07:16:18 pm »

Great, you make the pace comment, and I fail to post the following day.  Remember back when it was once every day, Terak/Stormblade/Kenta?  I miss that.  I hope your guests have kids about your age, Terak.  That'd be nice.

Kenta was not an Alakazam.  Had he been, he could've concentrated on multiple things at once.  Alakazam's twin spoons were its pride and joy in that regard.  As it was, he had only one spoon.  His only thought as he initiated Teleport technique echoed in his mind.

"The answers you need you will find in my cave, I assure you."

. . .

Movement beside him.

Kenta opened his eyes.  His body felt uncomfortably hot, and as he sensed his body weight returning, he acknowledged a presence to his right.  Terak was sitting up beside him, looking slightly dazed with uncoordinated eyes.  Around them, Kenta could see stalagmites and stalagtites poking out of the ceiling and floor.  But how could he?  Easy- the pits of fire provided him light . . . wait, pits of fire?  Double-taking at the flames, Kenta stared with a gaping mouth, unable to fully take it in.  Were they where he thought they were?

"Where's Captain?" came Terak's voice, sounding hoarse.  For a moment, Kenta remembered the Prinplup was injured.  The next moment, however, a different voice took his attention.

"You're dead."

He turned.  Out of the great fire pit in the center of the room stepped a dark, four-legged figure; a Houndoom.  He'd never seen one before, but had seen a Houndour once.  If this is what it evolved into, it was one of the scariest sights he'd ever behold.  The Houndoom's teeth poked out of the sides of its snout, and it seemed to glide towards them instead of walk.  Unlike his preconceived imagination, this Houndoom did not have blood-red pits for eyes, but rather, two evil pupils which stared at everything and saw nothing.

"Welcome to Hell, dead pokemon.  I am the Devil."

Kenta couldn't breathe for a moment.  Dead?  Had his Teleport failed?  Had they been dissolved in an instant by the ocean-dwelling monster's acid?  And if they were in Hell, this wasn't how he'd imagined it.  Sure, the stereotype was a pit below the earth with flames and darkness everywhere, but he never thought it was actually legitimate.

"Come with me.  I have something to show you."

"Hey.  Hey."  Terak was still standing beside Kenta, looking anxiously at him.  "Are you okay?"

The Devil turned around and started heading away.  Not knowing what else to do, Kenta started forward, in pursuit.  Terak stood planted for a moment, then reluctantly followed him.  "Where are you going?" he asked, and without looking at him, Kenta pointed faintly at the Devil.  "After him."

"After who?  Captain?  Do you know where Captain is?"

"He's probably alive, because he isn't here."

"He's probably dead because he isn't here!  Kenta, what's-"

Kenta wasn't listening.  The Devil was talking again.  "Enter the room down the left passage.  There you will see what you've come for."  Kenta began to move again, when he felt a jerk on his tail.  Terak had grabbed onto it, and he looked dangerously frustrated.  "You are going to stop ignoring me now," he said softly, "and you will tell me what you're doing."  Reluctantly, Kenta focused on Terak, then changed his mind and glanced back at the Devil.  But the Houndoom was gone.  Wondering where he'd gone, then releasing the thought, Kenta turned and gave Terak his full attention.  "Weren't you listening at all?" he growled.  "We're dead.  We're in Hell.  Accept it.  The Devil is showing me down this passageway to see something."

Terak just stood there for a moment, eying Kenta with pure skepticism.  "Are you for real?" he finally said.  Kenta spun around, turning his back, stung.  "You don't believe me.  Nobody ever does, not even my friends."  He gritted his teeth.  "Fine, be that way.  I'm still going."  He marched angrily down the passage, away from Terak, and didn't stop until he'd reached the room ahead.

Ice clutched his chest.  The entire room was filled with giant hourglasses, all with great hammers half-filled with sand at the top, and below, life-sized glass images of familiar pokemon.  The sand trickled steadily from the hammers to the pokemon, filling them slowly and steadily by the second.  Next to Kenta, Terak stopped and gaped at the hourglasses, obviously just as stunned.  At least he could see this.  Kenta's train of thought halted.  Wait- oh my god . . . he can see this.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum