Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 09:59:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Excuse me, kind sir. Would you care to donate to the Anti-Mugging-You Fund?

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Official Pokemon Topic

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Pokemon Topic  (Read 4236 times)
Shy Guy
Resident

Shy as bitter **** at times.

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:51:02 pm »

Well since I don't consider Pokemon anime, I'm going to put this topic here. The topic is to debate the Pokemon anime. If this topic already existed, then may I just see this topic deleted and not be told a thing. Thank you

So first things first... those who use Serebii.net should have noticed that the new episode. Pikachu! Raichu! Road of Evolution!

So... do you people think Pikachu will actually evolve after so many years.
Report Spam   Logged

The bunneh has taken a break from it's soul stealing. But bewarned, for a much greater threat will come upon you if you fail to the bunneh even as she rests. That whose name cannot be spoken and whose powers are beyond your comprehension, I off course mean of!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Baron von Redberry
Banned Member
Warned Members
Addict

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 02:03:32 pm »

I really doubt it, but either way, I stopped watching the anime a few months ago. =\ I think it's crap, mostly. Imo, they have like two storylines on a sheet of paper on some guy's desk, and they play rock paper scissors to pick which one to use every episode.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 03:21:24 pm »

Well, might as well throw in my two cents.

I'm one of those old folks who remembers the good ol' days of Pokemon and spends hours ranting about how the newer version pales in comparision.

Kanto through Johto seasons were the best. Now everything SUCKS.
And the longer it lasts the more you realize it.
I don't mean to sound like a hater. I'm not. I truly, LOVE Pokemon. The games, the show, the movies, the card game(Though I never play. I have a ton of the cards) but they managed to totally destroy the anime.

Ash, you will NEVER be a Pokemon master. Why? Because to "Catch 'em all!" you need to catch MORE than 10 Pokemon per season and actually WIN a tournament.

May, I was actually warming up to you and your brother, Max, but now you're gone and no one cares.

Dawn.......*sighs* GTFO.

Misty, COME FREAKIN' BACK! Do you see how much the series has sucked since you left? COME BACK!

Brock.....I got no problems with you, you no-eyed pimp.

Their new voices are awful. Just awful. Ash sounds like he has throat cancer, Meowth sounds like some freaky drug dealer, and everyone else sounds like random voice actors they took in off the street.

How is it they discovered like another 500 species of pokemon in ten years? Including new legendaries?
Where were all these elusive Pokemon before? Hiding behind a bush?!
151. That's it. 151. Where the hell did all you come from!?

Team Rocket....Get. A. Life. There are TONS of other Pokemon more valuable than that Pikachu.
And everytime you go after it you say your motto, you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on some cool super-machine to snatch it and everytime, it gets destroyed. You blast off, miles away, somehow surviving your fall everytime, then go and do it all over again.
Ask yourselves. Is it really worth it? The money, the emotional damage, the physical damage for what? A Pikachu. And what the hell are you thinking doing all this crap in a hot air balloon?!
Try a plane, a helicopter. SOMETHING more durable and faster and less tourist-y than a freakin' Meowth hot air balloon.

What is up with the story of Ash's father?
I mean, I haven't followed the story in like 3 or 4 years, but he hasn't even been mentioned since the first or second episode right?
Where is he!? Who is he!? What the hell happened to him!? (And it's NOT Giovanni you weirdos. If it is, I'll eat my invisible hat.)
It's been over ten years, you deadbeat dad!! Your son stopped growing at the age of ten! Aren't you cencerned?! He should be like 22 or something by now!

The repetitveness of the series has caused veteran Poke-fans to die a litle inside everytime a new episode is made.

Here is every season, in detail, on the nose.

Ash finds out about a new tournament, leaves home again, in some situations he hooks up with another chick to hang around with, discovers a new Pokemon, but instead of catching it, like a NORMAL person, he befriends it, helps it and says "Bye!". (enter bunch of filler episodes here) he gets all the badges,(Enter movie about a legendary here) goes through the tournament, comes in like 11th(Orange League doesn't count. That wasn't even a tournament, he fought like "The Super-boss" then got a trophy and left), then goes home to do it all over again.

To answer your question, no, Pikachu will NEVER evolve. They already gave him a choice to evolve in the first season and he didn't do it. Besides, do you know all the merchandising they'll lose if Pikachu evolves?
Pikachu is like the Pokemon poster child Pokemon. He has been for over a decade. They wouldn't risk taking that bullet.
If Pikachu ever does evolve, it'll be in the final episodes of the final season or in a final movie.
That's my LOGICAL theory anyway. The production crew of Pokemon don't seem to be logical, so who knows? They could dig their own grave.
Because, Pokemon would go UNNNNNNDDDDDEEEEERRRRRRRRR if they were stupid enough to pull that.

I and every veteran Poke-pal of mine grew up on "Pika pika"'s We just refuse to get used to "Rai rai!"'s
Though, personally, I like Raichu A LOT more than Pikachu.
It's the AshxPikachu relationship that was so heartwarming. A bond so close between Pokemon and trainer. The eternal friendship. If we saw Ash cuddling a Raichu it'd be like.....Ash was cheating on Pikachu--Wow this is sounding a lot weirder than I wanted it to sound.

Anywho...Angry old person Ranting ending on this note.
I'm old. The early seasons were the best. The new ones suck. Their new voices suck. Bring Misty back.

Pokemon classic forever. *holds up fist*
Thank you for your time. *walks away*
Report Spam   Logged

Baron von Redberry
Banned Member
Warned Members
Addict

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 03:56:31 pm »

Brock.....I got no problems with you, you no-eyed pimp.

Brock needs to keep it in his pants.

That is all.
Report Spam   Logged

Shy Guy
Resident

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:47:55 pm »

I personally never minded Pokemon, it is now that I stopped liking it due to some influences *cougheveryoneinthisforumcoughcoughcougharctic_master,mello,divinity_123cough*

I sorta agree with you season one ruled, I... was unable to watch Johto since... it aired on Saturday and none of my folk were free on Saturday so I was FORCED to leave a videotape running and that was a pain.

As for misty, hell yes, that was one of their MANY fatal flaws. But hey, I watch Pokemon for the heck of it, I am not that big of a fan. I am Gamer, games are my true passion, tv is just tv, animes are just... episodes you can watch in youtube and then move on.

Perhaps if Pokemon was like REAL animes then it would have lasted longer, like, twelve chapters = Season one. twenty four episodes = Season two and so on. Let us be begging for more, that's what I say.

As for the episode... ugh... I want Pikachu to evolve and I'm going to watch the episode.

Oh almost to mention, there's ALOT of crossdressing in Pokemon and yeah... does anyone find that disturbing? Really, watch the episode or see the Serebii.net pictures of the episode with the Miltank and watch the picture with Ash in a Maids outfit and then tell me you were not scarred for life and offensive. That picture REALLY made me feel uncomfortable AND they insulted one of the most sacred sexy clothes. French Maids are VERY sexy, like XXX worthy. I love the French maid outfit, you could say I would worship and yet... they truly insulted French maid fans.

Well I'm done for now... nice to see this topic won't die without at least a few posts...
Report Spam   Logged

The bunneh has taken a break from it's soul stealing. But bewarned, for a much greater threat will come upon you if you fail to the bunneh even as she rests. That whose name cannot be spoken and whose powers are beyond your comprehension, I off course mean of!
Arctic master
Some guy, lolling in the RP and Fan-fic section
Resident

The Articuno pic is NOT mine. By Ishtar Ameilia

Combination Topic Starter Level 4 Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:38:39 pm »

The first few seasons kick ass. I mean, I even have a few favorite episodes, from the Orange Islands, like the Mandarin Island Miss match, and stuff like that, but after Jhoto, I grew OFF the whole series, altogether. I never even finished watching the anime in any of the regions, though, I'm sure the newer episodes STUNK ON ICE! (no pun intented)

Other than that, DT made some interesting comments.

As for the episode, you mentioned, Shy, this might be the final break, where Pikachu(or a future Raichu) finally loses his Godmodding powers, as the "Almost unbeatable force" that no trainer seems to be able to beat. If it can go in a Pokéball, after that episode, Arctic can finally rejoice.

And here's some random mumbo-jumbo: Ash, GET THE F*** OFF THE AIR! WE WANT A NEW TRAINER, FOR CRAP'S SAKE!!

... That is all. Dismissed. *leaves*
Report Spam   Logged

nya_chan's forums. Join, please.

People should stop writing fan-fics, if they're expecting support to continue them. If you want to start a fan-fic(or fan-FICS) You should write them because YOU want to, not because of how many people post or good comments you get on them. Still, put both quality and quantity(in paragraphs) in your work, add a banner, if the mood takes you, and finish what you start. Those are some of the good qualities of being a fan-fic writer, not just merely writing stories. ^_^

Mulan - I'll make a Man out of you song: Pretty catchy song. =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64&feature=channel_page
Baron von Redberry
Banned Member
Warned Members
Addict

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 06:47:01 pm »

The episode might be an excuse to get their sorry asses off television. <_<
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 07:32:55 pm »

The episode might be an excuse to get their sorry asses off television. <_<
Kind of a "Jumping the shark" episode?
Except it's an "Evolving the Pikachu" episode.
Report Spam   Logged

Shy Guy
Resident

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 07:37:07 pm »

I guess that looking at it, tomorrow is Judgement day for Pokemon in a way. If Pikachu does not evolve... some fans will be happy, others... they will hitting their heads against the wall, I will be one of those hitting their heads against wall.

Also... Japan loves it's animes to much, unless it is REALLY crappy it won't get off the air that easily I think. If not... at least they can still rely on the games to get money right?
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 07:44:35 pm »

I guess that looking at it, tomorrow is Judgement day for Pokemon in a way. If Pikachu does not evolve... some fans will be happy, others... they will hitting their heads against the wall, I will be one of those hitting their heads against wall.

Also... Japan loves it's animes to much, unless it is REALLY crappy it won't get off the air that easily I think. If not... at least they can still rely on the games to get money right?
What I find very ironic is they let some animes FAR overstay their welcome and really good animes only get like 26 episodes. =\
Report Spam   Logged

Shy Guy
Resident

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 07:51:35 pm »

What I find very ironic is they let some animes FAR overstay their welcome and really good animes only get like 26 episodes. =\

Amen, God Bless, those words are fact and YAY are for your words.

I know a HANDFULL of animes that should have more episodes than Pokemon. I mean, I,My and Me! Strawberry Eggs! Should have had a few more episodes, same goes to Nagasarete Airantou and a handful of other animes.

I think that should also be applied to Bleach, the only difference is that Bleach is cooler and their Theme Songs are not COMPLETELY awful or... cheesy...

Report Spam   Logged

Baron von Redberry
Banned Member
Warned Members
Addict

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 07:57:21 pm »

REALLY crappy

Which it is.
Report Spam   Logged

Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 03:11:07 am »

I heard that Pikachu got fricking beat by a Magikarp in the Johto season... A Magikarp! The only Pokemon more worthless than Pidgeys! Who else thinks that the writers were smoking something when writing that episode?

But yeah, I kind of liked the first season, but Digimon was better to me. I just absolutely hate the newer episodes and so I just play the games, because those never get old. Pikachu sucks anyways.
Report Spam   Logged

Baron von Redberry
Banned Member
Warned Members
Addict

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 01:54:33 pm »

I heard that Pikachu got fricking beat by a Magikarp in the Johto season... A Magikarp!

No, it tied to one in DP iirc. Saw it on Youtube. I never saw the episode though.
Report Spam   Logged

Masenkoe
Resident

Ferrari Lord27

Combination Topic Starter Level 4 Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 12:59:41 am »

Well, might as well throw in my two cents.

I'm one of those old folks who remembers the good ol' days of Pokemon and spends hours ranting about how the newer version pales in comparision.

Kanto through Johto seasons were the best. Now everything SUCKS.
And the longer it lasts the more you realize it.
I don't mean to sound like a hater. I'm not. I truly, LOVE Pokemon. The games, the show, the movies, the card game(Though I never play. I have a ton of the cards) but they managed to totally destroy the anime

I agree, everything after Kanto and Johto was just a fail, if they keep dragging on the Anime it will just continue to become worse and worse...
POKEMON CLASSIC FOREVER.

Oh and, I have tons of the cards and never played too, lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum